Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Free stuff - Downloads etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sb8rs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Free stuff - Downloads etc Reply with quote

Hi,

This topic is really an open letter to the administrators of the Forum.

Is there a way you can incorporate a section in the forum for downloads?

I have seen this in other forums and I thought it would be a great benefit to the members. And it would be a ready reference source.

For example people could donate (I can start with all of the Paioli and Marzocchi forks books in a PDF format) literature that would be of use.

You could either have individual sections for individual bikes or sections by type Workshop manuals, parts books etc.

Just a thought, but you would have specify formats and allocate someone to "administer" etc.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesnt sound such a bad idea.....there are already a few file sharing sites with free downloadable workshop manuals

http://www.dansmc.com/shopmanual2.htm

Not many though with Bimota stuff....I suppose its all about finding a free file sharing site that allows downloads without having to be logged in or being sent an personal invite....which would get around being sued for copyright in having a section directly on the site linked solely to the site.

I have owners manuals and workshop manuals for DB1, DB2, DB4, DB5, Db6, DB7, Tesi 3D, and YB11....and have often sent them out via file share as too large to email........takes time and a direct link would save me time......Must have sent out over 50 over the years...a lot of folk purely finding a link that I've done so before and directly pm'ing me to ask for a copy...to which I oblige.....only to never hear or see them again on the site....there does seem to be a lot of people that live in the Facebook phase of here today, maybe around this afternoon.....defo gone by tomorrow......

I suppose for now we could all stick up a list of what we have....and put a
"sticky" on it so it stays at the top of BimotaChat....so theres a readily found list of whats available and from whom........

Changes re-sticky or a new section down to Admin's most capable abilities rather than mine.......

Bimota Factory themselves already allow this for current bikes...manuals being free to download under the "download" section here...evidently only current stuff though...

http://bimota.it/
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have thought about it before now (same for old magazine road tests), just a bit concerned about the liability.

It would be quite easy to have an upload area, and limit access to those with more than X posts

I am quite happy to add an extra section if that would help.

Steve - thought you could sticky threads? Should be an option to sticky a thread if you edit the first post on a thread.

All the best

Katy
SpikeC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am not in current need, I think it is a great idea! I have been a greatful recipient of 32bims largess and think an easy access source would be wonderful for the community!
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....rather than be known for my "largess"...or "easy access"...I think we should probably have a section....and I could upload what manuals, owner manuals I have etc.

I think....he says "allegedly"....that from a point of liability we should be "OK"...at least for Bimota stuff pre-2000.....as that company was dissolved some time ago and its changed hands/names a couple of times since then....and the current company has no interest in "old timer" bimotas......several people in the past..and current, have and are selling photocopies of manuals, ebay etc....including BimotaClassicParts...so perhaps they would be the only ones that may object to a free download section....but publish and be damned I say........

Piero of Vdue fame has free downloads of the Vdue Manuals on his Vdue site (workshop manuals)...and even current Bimota now have free downloads of their manuals, sales brochures etc...
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like the idea of limiting access to such a new "link" to members with at least "X" posts on the Forum...to gain a bit more involvement....When I joined the ZRX1100 forum a while ago...you could post freely anywhere....but couldnt access the mechanics and downloads section until you had at least 25 posts to your name....which at least got me involved for a while before I gained access......
who

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea! Who knows, perhaps if approached Bimota would help with content? They would be aware of the lack of resource for owners of their motorcycles, and may be willing to contribute to such a project? Cheers.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Would require a bit of fiddling but it should be possible to rig up something to only allow access to an area once someones post count is high enough

All the best

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: