Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Totally wired!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Totally wired!! Reply with quote

Last Aug...I took the 999 elefant (a Ducati 999r engine in a Cagive Elefant) to a German meeting.
En route I passed through and was caught in a four hour thunder storm.....
I found a hotel and holed up to the next morning.

The bikes wiring loom a mixture of many Ducati and Cagiva parts...was totally flooded.
so much so that even after withdrawing the ignition key the fuel pump and fuelling system continued to run
.....even with me standing 15 foot away waving the key at it ...trying to show it I had the key and now it should STOP

Whilst waiting for assistance ...I googles bike wiring and on recommendation chose Ferrets Wiring Wizardry.

With a 9month waiting list he eventually got to me last week....where he build a custom loom to the bike over a 3 day period.

I kept him fuelled with tea and biscuits....marvelled at the methods of re wiring....to me, wiring is the work of the Devil...I can design frames, rebuild engines and make my own exhausts..but wiring is like a vegetarian looking in a butchers window...it does nothing for me nor does it make sense.

If you are in the UK.....need a re wiring and got a bit of a lead time and a wad of cash....get it done once ...get a professional....as far as I am concerned...use Ferret.

Regards
Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
Ade sym

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used Ferret for one of my projects and then found a company called Electric 34 - Based in Northamptonshire - Real Pro - Did everything I asked him to and left me a really good job. Could not fault either of the two, but for one thing...The price, one was 50% cheaper than the other....Ade
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ade......being Scottish, I Am always interested in similar for less monies, although a believer in you get what you pay for,.
But......knowing an alternative could be good.

I googled the company you mentioned but with no joy.......found something called Electric Blue
....but everyone in the advert seemed to have misplaced their clothes...best not trust this type of forgetful people with one of my bikes

Do you have any contact details for the company in question

Regards
Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Building a loom isn't difficult, essentially it's just dot to dot with wires instead of lines.
Ade sym

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:
Ade......being Scottish, I Am always interested in similar for less monies, although a believer in you get what you pay for,.
But......knowing an alternative could be good.

I googled the company you mentioned but with no joy.......found something called Electric Blue
....but everyone in the advert seemed to have misplaced their clothes...best not trust this type of forgetful people with one of my bikes

Do you have any contact details for the company in question

Regards
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Here you go:

http://www.electro34.co.uk/main/

Many Thanks

Ade
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: