Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Help me please. Yb7 600 conversion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Help me please. Yb7 600 conversion Reply with quote

Hi from the new guy
Have made a post in supermoto that really should be here
Har har
If anyone can help with detail or knowledge about doing a 600 yb7 please refer to my misplaced post.
I thank you
Matt
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to put a 600 in it ?

Either way it uses a FZR400R 2TK SP engine which is also known as a 1wg model. You can use a 3he 600 engine it should bolt straight in because the cases are common. The barrels will be slightly higher that's a problem because the carbs will sit higher and that in turn pushes the airbox up so fitting the tank shroud (???) Will be more difficult.
The second engine would be a FZR600R Foxeye or Thundercat (the T'CAT has nikasil bores). The Yamaha frames for these bolt to the head but they still have the mount on the gearbox for the older type frame rails. Apart from the above the front sprocket is a bit further out due to a wider rear tyre. Bimota sometimes space front sprockets anyway.
Run either of the engines with the corresponding cdi, but the T'cat uses a TPS on the carbs, if you cant fit that in use the Foxeye cdi. It's best to run the carbs from a similar model of engine that way the rejeting is minimal.
You need the down pipes too, the 400 pipes will be to short ... you might need a new link pipe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: