Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Skully helmet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonny68

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Skully helmet Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered the new Skully helmet? I think it's great but not sure if to order now or wait to launch date. Cost $1500 for international buyers so not much more than a Ruby helmet but you get all the tech including I think E Shield which can tint or un-tint the visor, saves carring a spare visor for dusk?night riding.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting but bike riders are a conservative bunch Wink

It will need a positive test from magazines and then I'll consider it as and when my helmet needs replacing.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pin-lock Double glazed visers now offer a reactolite tint system ....which offers the same ability now of only needing one visor.....
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: SKULLY crash helmets Reply with quote

Sonny........Re the SKULLY.....I was taken by the technology and the crowd funding option...both really good ideas. this coupled to my ability to get lost where ever I am ...makes it a given.....eta May15. looking forward to ditching the mirrors!
BTW the DB9 has started "can't start /wont start" syndrome...mmm..Italian electrics..and I hate electrics!!..traced it back to a loose or dodgy connection..I will change when the rear seat unit arrives...until then.. it is give it a wiggle ...shake the wire and hope for no rain.

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
sonny68

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin
Lol welcome to the world of Bimota electrics Very Happy, I think I'll order a Skully but will wait until closer to the time. I've taken the original mirrors off and put Drop bar end mirrors which I think look a lot better. But would be nice to loose them with the skully.
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Skull.....duggery Reply with quote

Well...you pay your money, you believe in the concept...they take the 2000 pre manufacturing orders and float the shares at 15million.
The American Dream hits real world nightmare.
Skully's heads up display helmet is no more.
Like a parrot on the floor of a cage..... it is dead

The brothers Weller .....head off into the distance will no regrets and a crazy spending spree of 22 million dollars.

First I put my money into a Rolf Harris original......then. Skully crash helmet ...and also BIMOTA........let's hope third time lucky

Please do not ask me for advice or which crowd funding option to back

I am a sore Scottish loser

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
sonny68

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel. skully have taken the complete piss out of us backers. How can they spend so much money and not have an end product? Last week they were promising all pre orders will be fulfilled this week they close down. Tha brothers basically lived the high life on our money then went bust. It's less about the money and more of we put our trust in fellow bikers who claimed they wanted to improve our safety. I must admit personally as I read more and more about everything they had to say and were doing I sort of expected this to fail. Don't think they were ever interested in the end product more on spending other people's money. If skulls were to ever resurface who could trust the firms reputation?
If I could have 5 minutes with the brothers I'd get my monies worth out of them 😙
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: