Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New Disks for my DB6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwigeoff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: New Disks for my DB6 Reply with quote

I am looking at replacing the front disks on my 2006 DB6 as it looks like they have a slight warp causing issues under breaking (see my other thread for details). My understanding is that the Breaking wavy disks are only available from a dealer and are very expensive. As I have no dealer in New Zealand I have tried a few options and the e-mails seem to dry up with people who can supply disks for “all makes”
I have removed one disk and have all the dimensions, offset etc. however has anyone got any good ideas with regard to finding replacement disks that look the same (or similar) and won’t cost an arm and two legs.
Apart from this issue the bike has performed faultlessly since I purchased it last September with my only problem being the miles that I am clocking up. After putting on 12,000 k in 8 months I had to resort to purchasing another bike and give the Bimota a rest over winter.

2006 DB6
brian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see its getting ridden. So many Bims get parked for the fear of putting too many miles on them.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of them in Italy...and usually postage is quite cheap.......just search freno braking...most have the dimensions so you can check they are right

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Dischi-freno-anteriori-moto-BRAKING-WAVE-320-mm-BRAKE-DISK-BREMS-SCHEIBEN-disque-/171873554356?hash=item2804764fb4
kiwigeoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help 2bims.
The new disks arrived last week and they look identical to the original ones. (same part# BIM05D)
I have fitted them (and replaced the wheel bearings while I had the front end apart) so all is good with the DB6.

They cost me 210 euros plus 70 euro freight to New Zealand and only took 10 days to get hear.

2006 DB6
rocketrod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff just wondering when putting a few klms on your DB6 how do you go with the pastic swingarm guard on the left hand side were the chain rubs it, mine only seems to last a couple of hundred klms.

Regards

Rod
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you are talking about the lower black plastic chain guard on the bottom rail of the swingarm that clamps around the rail?...Bit of an afterthought by Bimota to stop rubbing on the rail itself and lade of recycled black bin bags its that soft....You can remove and fill in the grooves with 2-part epoxy....2 tubes where one is hardener, mix and apply and goes off in an hour or so...makes it last a lot longer......careful constant checking of chain tension can help but wont stop rubbing 100%
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: