Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Help with Certificate of Conformity db2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnmankit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Help with Certificate of Conformity db2 Reply with quote

Hi, been a while but the naked db2 is now on the road here in France and getting some miles in on the Pyrenean passes. It's a blast with Renthal Street bars and no fairing.
However..... a problem looms.
I have to register the bike here in France and for that I need a Certificate of Conformity from Bimota (they call it a DGM whatever that is). I've been in contact with Bimota and they will only supply this for completely, 100%, standard bikes - which mine obviously isn't.
Here is the text of their message:

Dear sir ,

I’m Maria Elena, the person in charge of the customer care ..

Please let me explain you something .For bikes prior to 2002 does not exist the COC but there is a Certificate named DGM. This model of 1993 is included in this range.

What we do need are the pictures of the bike as follow:

- front, rear,

- right side,

- left side,

- picture of the chassis number,

- picture of the number on the engine,

- photos marking silencer

- picture of the registration certificate or similar

- picture of the electronic equipment

Does anyone on the forum have a standard db2 edition finale and be willing to supply the necessary photos (with no. plate blanked out)? Obviously I'll do the photos of my frame no and engine no. There has to be a photo of the markings on the standard exhaust.
If anyone can help with this I will be eternally grateful and will happily give you a free guided tour of the Pyrenees! There's no way I can put my bike back to standard spec as I no longer have the original exhaust or carbs.
Thanks guys (all suggestions welcome!)
Kit
atomibart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
For the certificate of conformity you don't need to ask to Bimota i' Rimini, but to the French importer of the DB2 back in time , as to say Bimota Gelain. You will find their phone number easily on the net. They are not Bimota importer any more for a while but are still fond of these bikes and very helpful. Call to them and they will tell you everything they need to deliver you a certificate of conformity.
All the best with your DB2. Maybe you can post some pictures? The DB2 is one of my favourites Bimota.

atomibart
barnmankit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Atomibart! I will try to contact them this week. Where in France are you and which Bimota do you have now?
Bonne soirée.
Kit
barnmankit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys you can hold fire on the photos (in any case you're probably all asking yourselves if that's legal) as I'm following up the lead that atomibart has given me and should know more tomorrow. Fingers crossed...
PS Does anyone on the forum ever make it to the south of France? Would be great to meet you and show you some of the fantastic empty roads down here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: