Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Corsa Evoluzione OR Trofeo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VooDue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Corsa Evoluzione OR Trofeo? Reply with quote

Guys, I know I've asked this before, but can anyone tell me how to confirm which variant Vdue this is?
Documents just say Vdue 500 racing, she has the GP clocks, the racing pipes (in between the original side pipes and later jollymoto pipes), no indicators, light or brake light.
What are the telling factors? I know there were many bikes pieced together, but surely there can be some way to tell?
Thanks!

vort28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK , looking at the bodywork , no lights , silver wheels etc its a Trofeo. Can't find a picture in your other posts of the airbox, but guessing it may be fibreglass , not carbon ?
Engine is an EF one, or at least the cylinders are. unmachined injector holes means they are later ones. A lot/Most just have blanking holes put over the machines injector holes.
Not sure on history of bike . Were you bought from and when etc but most things point to a bike assembled by Piero in the last 10yrs.
EYREY1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

contact piero directly
give him frame and engine no
engine no should be no 1 to 26 ive got no 25
trofeo we just sold had same bodywork and it had carbon airboxes and the dash with digital rev counter and speedo
VooDue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
OK , looking at the bodywork , no lights , silver wheels etc its a Trofeo. Can't find a picture in your other posts of the airbox, but guessing it may be fibreglass , not carbon ?
Engine is an EF one, or at least the cylinders are. unmachined injector holes means they are later ones. A lot/Most just have blanking holes put over the machines injector holes.
Not sure on history of bike . Were you bought from and when etc but most things point to a bike assembled by Piero in the last 10yrs.

Sorry for the late reply Vort, I have the carbon fibre airbox. Not sure what it means to have the carbon one, does this mean an earlier model?
I bought mine from the owner of BST carbon wheels, here in South Africa.
VooDue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EYREY1 wrote:
contact piero directly
give him frame and engine no
engine no should be no 1 to 26 ive got no 25
trofeo we just sold had same bodywork and it had carbon airboxes and the dash with digital rev counter and speedo

Ive asked him before, I will try again.
Is 1 to 26 the trofeo range?
Mines #147

Thanks!
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have trofeo 50, and a frame 2xx ( can't remember the exact number) and this was also used in the trofeo series as it still has one of the scrutineer stamps on it . I would not get tied up in numbers as we all know Bimota were not that organised.!! Laughing
I believe the Trofeo series only lasted 3 races anyway so would not get to carried away with whether it is or it isn't.

I would suggest your bike was either a Trofeo spare or was sold as a trofeo spec for track use only. Piero sells what he has bits for at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: