Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 Vehicle Identification plate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnmankit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: DB2 Vehicle Identification plate Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm in communication with Bimota over the Certificate of Homologation for my db2 EF (1998). They've already tried to tell me that the black/silver paintwork of the EF was not standard (!) and now there is possibly another problem. On the VIN plate rivetted to the frame behind the steering head there is a space for a DGM/OM number at the bottom but on my bike this space is left blank. Is this normal?? Can you have a look at your db2s and tell me what you find?
All a bit bizarre but knowing Bimota could be quite normal.....
Thanks in advance.
Kit
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blank on mine also....only bits that are stamped are Type DB2, cm3 - 904, Frame NUmber - DB2*00XXX* and Gross Vehicle weight - 260 Kgs

DGM part is for vehicles sold in Germany with the exacting standards they have...stands for Deutschen Gesellschaft für Materialkunde...or somesuch as they have several references for DGM in GErmany...including one for Emissions .Deutsche Gütegemeinschaft Möbel - DGM...in the UK it would be British Standards...German standards for Materials.....

Whats more surprising is you actually getting a response from Bimota itself!!!!
barnmankit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims you're a star! And a goldmine of info as well. Thanks for that, I may have to convince Bimota that they actually built my bike!
I'll post the ongoing saga here.
Have a good day.
Kit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: