Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 1 Brake Calipers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Tesi 1 Brake Calipers Reply with quote

'Mornin' All,
What model of Brembo Calipers were used on the Tesi 1 ? And has anyone used a different aftermarket make, if so , any comments good or bad ?
Cheers
atomibart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tesikwak,
The Brembo calipers used on the Tesi 1D are the same as those used on all the other Bimotas of the same era.
Regarding the part numbers I would say P30/34C for the front and P32B for the rear.

atomibart
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brembo black or Gold (d'oro ) series 4 pot calipers....with 40mm centres....Most Bimotas used these up to around 1997.....and after that same gold series four pots but with 65mm bolt centres......40mm bolt centres used on Ducati 900ss models up to around 1998...and Ducati went to 65mm centres after that...Evidently any caliper can be made to fit if you modify the plate with an extra fixing plate....crucial though that the caliper still fits "inside" the wheel rim...as the tolerances are quite close...and the brembo units are quite small in O/a length compared to say tociko 6 pots etc etc....A lot of new made bikes by Triumph and BMW now use brembo as the standard choice....if you have decent brake lines, correct brake pads fitted and an appropriate sized brake master...I dont think you'll find any better without spending serious money and a lot of issues in modding to get them to fit

This is what the 65mm spacing calipers look like....with one bolt fixing under the piston assembly

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-ST4-S-1999-2004-Stainless-joint-bolt-set-Brembo-front-brake-calipers-/181269229629?hash=item2a347cf03d:g:sNQAAOxydB1Sk37V

And this is the 40mm spacing calipers as would be fitted with both bolts fixing holes set to the side of the caliper...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-748-S-1997-1998-Stainless-joint-bolt-set-Brembo-front-brake-calipers-/181269208043?hash=item2a347c9beb:g:i8sAAOxyzi9SjjJ8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: