Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8R where to get steel brake lines?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krzysiekusa21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: SB8R where to get steel brake lines? Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I finally purchased my dream bike, the sb8r. It came with rubber brake lines that totally look out of place. I heard the US models were equipped with rubber ones instead of steel. Is there a way to get new steel lines or would they fit from maybe a ducati model?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just measure your lines up you can use a bit of string.make a note of where on the banjo bolt you measure from and too then give the dimensios to somebody like Hel and they'll make you some up.
daotoys1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned 3 SB8RS bikes at one point in time . No one I know makes brake lines specific to the bike .

You can however easily make and or order custom made ones from a number of aftermarket manufacturers . You will need to measure the length of the lines and the correct banjos to fit them to the bike.

If you happen to upgrade the brakes ( master cylinders and or calipers ....) you may need to get lines to fit them , as the stock ones may or may not work with said upgrades.

good luck with your new BIMOTA gem

Smile

DAO
krzysiekusa21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. I'm more knowledgeable about Japanese bikes but Bimota is definitely a different experience. Just a off topic question. Does any one know how many were made? my last vin 6# of the vin are 000004
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your bike a Santa Monica???

Swiss Bimota register says No 00004 is a santa (picture attached in link)....they also show their thoughts of how many were made of each one at that time...hard to say though as its when Bimota first went Bankrupt...so completed bikes were uncertain...

http://www.bimota.ch/register/register_bimota_sb_en.html
krzysiekusa21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is a 2000 sb8r. Don't know why but title says 2001 probably because it was first registered in 2001 and they made a mistake. I just bought it and had it shipped all the way from California.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: