Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Spondon ducati restoration
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
waggy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, age related number plate on an n.i. plate, our plates have a different format to yours, basically indecipherable, but the v5 says 1993 and motorcycle, dont see any errors, so not a tractor Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good....so will we be expecting to see it in a Practical Sportsbike article soon then?
Always worth checking the V5...I've had random good and bad experiences....often they leave out the engine number coz it either doesnt fit or they cant be bothered to fill it in...once they got the colour wrong...I'd asked for "multicolor" as they dont list "tricolor"....they then reference that to a code number, enter that code and it produces the colour on the V5...only the DVLA Gov could come up with such a scheme.....listed the bike as "blue" so I phoned them and demanded a re-issue, they said new form and "colour change"...which made it sound like I had crashed it and had it re-painted....fortunately I had kept a copy of the form I submitted and then they realised it was their mistake and re-issued with the correct colour without it being a "change of colour"...........
waggy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing surprises me about the dvla, just glad that l survived the experience.
Heard nothing further from practical sportsbikes so no idea if it will be a feature.
quikduk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please post a whole bunch of completed pics? I'd like to see all the details you reworked or fixed. Thanks
waggy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Quikduk,
Unfortunately l didnt take much in the way of pics on assembly and solutions to problems l had, as the bike is fairly unique and didnt think it would be of much use on a Bimota forum or any forum for that matter. There can only be a few of these bikes about and practically everyone is different, be it engines, wheels, suspension, bodywork etc. Anyways it was a lovely sunny sunday today so took her for her first long spin to the coast, everything working sweetly, cant be many days left till winter arrives Sad
quikduk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waggy,

I get the weather bummer comment. It has been cold, windy and rainy here in "sunny" Southern California lately and any time the weather clears up, I can't ride due to prior obligations.

Maybe I'll have to call in...cough cough...sick. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: