Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

KB1 is there anybody that might be looking to sell a KB1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mines a Tripple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: KB1 is there anybody that might be looking to sell a KB1 Reply with quote

Really fancy a KB1 and I don't mind if its a project as trailer Queens might be too Expensive.
Might have an interesting lower priced bike Italian or other to deal with!
Thanks for looking & keep it in mind
Gilera Martyn
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt appear to be any for sale in Italy, Germany or the Netherlands at present.....dont come up very often....usually around the 15K euro marks.....which with current exchange rates makes bikes from europe the same price in pounds.....go back 3 years and euro 1.5 = 1GBP....made a 15K euro bike 10K GBP..........

A lot of them are used as in ridden....some oldies not touched but prices still around the same......For such old bikes though, I would warn against a "cheapie"....as getting parts for worn/missing bits makes none of them cheap I'm afraid to say.......I know someone thats been searching for 3 years just for a wheel....let alone bodywrk, frames etc etc......such parts just aint around....even footpegs and gear levers are no longer available....

Only one person on here in the UK that I know that has one....and theres a few german folk that have them also.......try asking Vort...he may have a contact in Italy with stock...
mines a Tripple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: KB1 Reply with quote

Thanks for the SPEEDY reply 2 Bims
I suppose all the Bimota's can be a problem to get non engine spares..........?
I just love the old school look and size, plus I do run a 79 Z1000 Stretched Turbo sprint bike so I might as well keep with that engine!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are these at MadeInItalyMotorcycles that are advertised as for Sale in the UK.....

http://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.com/single-post/2016/06/08/Bimota-KB1-For-sale

http://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.com/single-post/2016/05/24/Bimota-KB1-1982-For-Sale

first is unprepped and non-registered at 13,500....second is prepped and to be reg'd at a steep 18,500......

John Fallon of MIIMC uses a company called StileItaliano in Italy to source stock from the market there....he does often advertise on ebay under the StileItaliano name....he's also know to advertise bikes for sale that have already sold...or are still in Italy....evidently to entice interested buyers to register and he tries to assist in sourcing......

Generally theres running and riding bikes mostly original....with steep prices....and not so much garage queens, but complete bikes stored for many years that would take a few grand to get road ready....fine if you like the work...but I tend to find the costs add up quickly....C&S, tyres, everything rubber, hoses, sticking clutches...solid motors, brakes, brake seals, pads, lines, masters etc....easily costs climb...as I presume youre looking for a runner, or one to make a runner...MIIMC also has a page of "bikes previously sold"....he's always up for a chat if you feel the need to enquire re your budget and whether its realistic....

This register here shows you the worldwide spread of Bimotas, KB1 included...and 5 UK owners (register is sometimes out of date though....ownerss selling but forgetting to inform the register)...anyones name in blue font means they can be emailed by clicking on the name if your computer is correctly configured.....

At least you can look at the pictures and best markets for where they tend to be ....

http://www.bimota.ch/register/register_bimota_kb_en.html
mines a Tripple

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: KB1 its all about the Chase................... Reply with quote

Thank you again for the information a great help, looking through the KB1 Pictures they are quite varied in looks, I am sort of surprised, but they are getting old as you say, I will keep you Informed with my exploits.......
Cheers M
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, changes to bikes....always a Bimota thing, made throughout a 4 year cycle and offered as a twin seat with fold down footpegs and removable hump, or a single seat only....change from round to square headlights depending on which country it was aimed at due to rules, like say switzerland had square units, different wheels an option...etc etc
brian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
square headlights depending on which country it was aimed at due to rules, like say switzerland had square units,

I've seen pics of Swiss market RC30's and OW01's with a singlw square headlight.... just doen't look right Shocked . I guess only because the dual round headlights of the 90's bikes was such a trademark thing. Had never seen the Swiss bikes before
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh...I know what you mean Brian.....just shows how much you get used to a front end, when you see a different one it dont look right....wonder if the Swiss think that when they see round headlights????....I only picked this up as another on here picked up 2 YB's from Switzerland and both came with square headlight units.....shows how much a manufacturer has to put up with changing bikes for individual markets, emissions,horsepower, fuel cell cannisters etc etc....hard and expensive work for a small manufacturer.....

Your impending "epic" trip next year sounds just that....taking the son/mrs/mate or a solo adventure????
brian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Your impending "epic" trip next year sounds just that....taking the son/mrs/mate or a solo adventure????

Hopefully taking my son, would be nice get away for us I recon. If not, it will probably be a solo trip
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
mines a Tripple

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: KB1 its all about the Chase................... Reply with quote

Hi guys
Funny thing headlamps as I am not sure I like the look of the square ones in the KB1's
I have owned from new a SFC Laverda that looks ok with a Square light, but have seen on RGS 1000 with a double round Fire bucket conversion and that looked well odd, strange how things change I liked the look of the Aston DB7 but it looks real dated now to me!
BUT I still really want to have a close encounter of the Metallic kind with a KB1 I think its the slightly raw look of a chunk of bike !
Oh and a encounter in 1979 at a garage fuel stop on the A47 going to the transatlantic Mallory park races in 1979...........................
Never really got over it Shocked
Absolutely Gorgeous mega
Nowt like my T500 Suzie
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: KB1 Reply with quote

PM sent. Possible lead?
welshlamb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further PM sent. You still on the search?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: