Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota on the road
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to check the ratios on my sprockets....I do like the way it goes down the road...but if caning it it is still a bit flighty in 1st 2nd and 3rd....although I doubt I'd change it.....the character and ride are all old skool and thats what appeals to me with the bike.

One of the cush drive studs had sheared off my bike when I first took it apart before riding it...strangely the head was nowhere to be found...so a previous mechanic must have discovered the issue and just removed the head of the bolt, leaving the threaded sheared part still inside the hub...must have been in the "too difficult to fix" region for him...and I've seen another DB2 with the same issue where 3 had sheared off.....just a design issue with the Oscom engineering wheels and Ducati engines..as I've not heard of the YB's or SB's fitted with oscom wheels having the same issue
quikduk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great mileage is likely due to the great breathing of the FCRs as well as the 15/37 gearing. My '93 750SS was built with 39s and with 15/39, I could average 54mpg (with a LOT of high speed stuff).

15/41 gave me easy power wheelies in first 3 gears... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: