Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6R Carbon lower fairings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spongebob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: SB6R Carbon lower fairings Reply with quote

I noticed my fairing lowers have a couple of cracks appearing so i have invested in a set of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222302005587?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Seller is a guy called Dave Ashman. He has an SB6R plus a host of interesting 2 strokes. I just got round to fitting them today and thought others thinking of these would be interested in my comments and thoughts.

Overall finish is excellent. Exact replicas of original. If you buy you will need to invest in heat reflecting material to match originals (another ebay purchase). They are thinner than stock so the mounting clips have a tendency to slip or fall off as you try to align the holes for fitting. A pain but not end of the world.

I had to purchase new well nuts and bolts for the joining bits at the bottom. Years of aluminum mated to steel nut inserts meant they were never coming undone. Holes in the carbon plates provided are not big enough for a M6 well nut. Needed opening a little.

Holes for rear lower mounting plate were for some reason not drilled and i did not notice until I had the things on the bike. Quick measure up and out with the drill and they are on.

Whole job took a lot longer than it should due to making templates for heat shields, all the drilling etc but once on they do look good. Lights fading fast so will need to post pictures later date.

Conclusion. A bit on the expensive side but what price new Bimota fairing parts assuming you can even find them and the carbon does look good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: