Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Second gear problems - Hesitation at 4000 rpm
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowing Shocked Shocked its still T shirt weather down here Very Happy .
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its snowing in Hershey, Pensylvania and freezing. Chocolate or no chocolate get me outa here! I'd rather be in Transylvania... Oh, I hope the bim fired up ok...
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a little windy here in topsham but i think i will put the roof down on the Boxster and go for drive down to the sea front and get a ice cream as the sun is breaking though Very Happy
ps do you work for Mr Wonka Question
BB1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@%$^%*(&^%~@~@##' *&^$£$%*@: !!!

Well, before I set fire to the bloody bike and walk away, I'm going to take a break.

It turns out that having got to the stage of firing the bike up, I took it off the paddock stand and tried to push it out of the garage.

...Somethings wrong!

Even with the clutch pulled in, the clutch wasn't disengaging. In gear, the bike was locked.

SO I pulled the newly gasketed clutch cover off and the clutch basket. All seemed well so kept on fiddling.

NOOOOOOOOO!

I replaced BOTH the final frove shaft AND the countershaft. The Pegasso (the donor engine) is a FIVE valve head and so has a different cam chain assembly. So the counter shaft is 3mm SHORTER than the F650!!!!!!

That means I've wasted 16 hours and all the new gaskets and I have to completely strip the whole thing and replace the original countershaft!

I'm going to cry!

Carl
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling your pain Carl...I hope there is a short cut there somewhere?
BB1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop the clock!

Bike stripped, engine out. Engine stripped. Gearbox replaced and engine rebuilt and back in the bike and it's 5.50pm

That was Epic! Smile You've never seen spanners flying so fast!

4 hours for a complete strip and rebuild Smile

And I'm Spent!

Carl
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man. You know it will be worth it in the end. Plus a great excuse to stay in the garage. Assuming you are not doing it all in the front room?
BB1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She Lives!

It took a few turns and a charged battery but she's back up and running.

It looks like I've got an air leak in the carbs somewhere because it's cutting out as soon as the throttle is twisted but I'll soon track that down tomorrow.

But at least she's running.

Cheers,
Carl
BB1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All fixed and revving like a good'un!

Now just need a but of a dry spell...

Carl
Anders

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB1 wrote:
I seem to have a small metal part left that could have come from this bike, the spare Pegasso engine or the Moto Morini 125 in the corner! Smile Lets hope I don't need it!

Sorry for the late reply, but I just found this forum, and have posted several posts this evening.

Fortunately, I have had no problems with the 2nd gear selector fork, but I had to replace the clutch throwout mechanism last fall, as the teeth on the pullrod were worn out.

As a comment to your original posting on how difficult it is to remove the clutch cover, I must say that I did remove mine with the engine in the frame.
Regarding a clutch holding tool, I bought an original BMW item, along with a couple of other BMW tools. Nice quality, OK price. And readily available.

As you have a Pegaso spare engine, can you please tell me if the clutch cover will fit the bb1 engine? I would very much like to get rid of the BMW logo on the clutch, as a lot of people see it (when I ride without a fairing) and start asking about my funny-looking BMW.

What type of Morini 125 do you have in the corner? I do have a 1961 (approx) Corsaro in mine Smile
BB1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anders,
The clutch cover *may fit* but I've now sold it so can't measure it for you. You'd need to look carefully at the water pump as it is different on the Pegasso.

C
Dr.John

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anders, you can fit a ''Bombardier Rotax'' clutch cover, from a Can Am DS650 quad. They look pretty cool and i might do the same to my bike.
Feels good on your Single cylinder to have a ''Bombardier'' logo... Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: