Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Ohlins shock DB7/8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAULD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Ohlins shock DB7/8 Reply with quote

Hi my names Paul and this is my first forum! I have just bought a DB8SP and the std shock does not deserve to be on a barn door!I'm looking at a TTX Ohlins,does anyone know anything about how they perform compared to the STD shock?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you have the stock standard ExtremeTec rear shock with high and low speed adjustment???..A lot of folk dont like them as they are set very hard and extremely hard.....heard good reports of the ohlins ones...and at least with Ohlins, when you play with the adjusters they do something......heres one that was for sale in Italy......

http://www.subito.it/accessori-moto/ammortizzatore-ohlins-ttx-36-per-bimota-db7-db8-rieti-177993684.htm

And I presume that this is the one that you already have on the bike....if you hit a bump does it throw your arse off the seat and feet off the pegs??

http://www.subito.it/accessori-moto/mono-ammortizzatore-extremetech-panigale-o-bimota-modena-142044434.htm
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul
Welcome to your first forum Smile
PAULD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link for the Ohlins TTX as I was looking at a new one and have just contacted the gentleman
Paul
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine his price is about 1/3rd of the real new price for one...when you "just contacted him"...do you mean you sent him a message? That website is notoriously difficult to buy from by simply messaging via email...usually theres a phone number and I find a nice italian person to call on my behalf.....Italy and their people rarely use ebay/computers and like to talk their own lingo before believing that someone is interested in buying what they are advertising...best of luck......Some of the DB7's and db8'S did come with these shocks....and some people complained about the ExtremeTec shocks and had them replaced with Ohlins by Bimota themselves...but obviously they were in Italy to do so.......
PAULD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much bims as I have just fitted the Ohlins shock that you put me onto.Wow what an amazing difference.I cannot believe a company such as Bimota would compromise their ethos on handling and rider control to fit the extreme tech shock as std equipment.I know it comes down to money at the OE tendering process.Now my motorcycle is confidence inspiring.Thanks again I owe you one
Regards Paul
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations....on being able to buy the shock from that site, and getting it delivered quickly and fitted
....never had an issue with ohlins gear, it's often the standard for bimota to fit, but often that bimota run out of credit with certain suppliers and thus they have to look elsewhere from time to time....There's very few people that get on with the extreme tech stuff....just seem to be overly sprung and harsh, with adjustments making little difference.... We just need some pictures of your bike now.....
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, was there any part numbers on it or alternative fitments?
Heard that its the same fitment as a CBR1000RR but never been able to confirm this.
PAULD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vort
Sorry it's fitted, but next time I have it off I will look on the shock body for part indentication numbers for you

Regards Paul
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure vort will appreciate that, unbeknownst to myself, he'd agreed to buy that very shock. Until I posted it up for your interest, and apparently you tipped the scales in your favour.... One Mr vort not so happy with me.... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: