Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

BIMOTA SB8K Santa Monica FS / USA 50 state USA legal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daotoys1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: BIMOTA SB8K Santa Monica FS / USA 50 state USA legal Reply with quote

2006 BIMOTA SB8K SantaMonica for sale Colorado USA

Brand new on original MSO ( never registered / never titled )

Many custom upgrades (see below for details )

Pics / more info available upon request

This is a legally imported bike that is 50 state legal ( imported by Bob Smith of Moto Point / the USA BIMOTA Imported at the time )

This bike is a real gem

Here are more details :

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE LISTING................Brand New Unregistered Rare Italian Super Bike with many Custom Upgrades and lots of extras and spares. Built in 2006 By BIMOTA of Italy. Owned by custom bike builder , collector. ONE OF A KIND Custom / A real GEM

This is a Brand New 2006 BIMOTA SB8K Santa Monica super bike / sports bike .

The bike currently has a number of custom upgrades and additions on / in the build , as it has been one of my collectors pieces that Im customizing .

The bike is listed and for sale with the upgrades that are currently done to the bike.

However, the bike can easily be returned to its original stock condition by having the upgrades removed and replaced with the OEM parts.

At the end of the description I add a list of additional parts and upgrades that are not yet on the bike. These can be purchased with the bike but for additional cost.

Im happy to discuss the bike with anyone who is seriously interested.

Private viewing of the bike is available upon request

This is a brand new motorcycle . Never registered, never titled, never ridden, nor plated. The bike has always been kept in an environmentally controlled setting and has never been left, parked or stored otherwise. The bike is in brand new

If you have never seen a BIMOTA SB8K Santa Monica model , you cant do it justice with pictures. BIMOTAs are always gems, but IMHO the Santa Monica is without a doubt the best built BIMOTA ever made. The attention to detail and the fit and finish of the entire bike is superb.

The bike is totally street legal and ridable. But the bike has only been kept as a collectors piece and has not been ridden or used in any way. So the bike is as new as a new bike can possibly be. The bike has not been titled, nor registered, nor plated.

The original MSO ( Manufacturers Statement of Origin ) and bill of sale will go with the bike upon purchase. This is a USA legally imported bike. Bob Smith of Moto Point imported this bike into the USA for his own private collection ( Bob Smith / Moto Point was the USA BIMOTA Importer to the USA at that time ). The MSO is proof of the bike being legally imported into the USA, and of course the bike has the correct DOT approved VIN numbers.

Important note ; BIMOTA has not had an official importer in the recent past. The DB7 was the last model imported into the USA. There are a number of BIMOTAs that have been brought into the USA illegally or by sneaky methods , and these bikes can be extremely hard, if not impossible to get titled, registered or plated to make them street legal. It is a good idea as a potential buyer to always check the bikes importation records to be sure that you are not buying a bike that you cant ride on the streets legally . All makes and models have to pass DOT regulations and emissions and noise standards. FYI......I mention this because I have been asked this question and think that its important to bring this topic to the viewers attention .

The bike originally was imported into the USA and was owned and in Bob Smiths personal collection. The bike was later sold to another dealer / collector and I purchased the bike from this individual in order to put this bike into my collection.

I was in the process of highly customizing and upgrading this bike with intension to keep it in my collection and to possibly start riding the bike in the mountain canyons in my "back yard " ( the Rocky Mountains are just outside my back door ...... true ).

Im now in my early 60s and due to health and medical problems, Im thinning out my collections and considering putting this rare gem up for sale.

This bike is still brand new as it has never been registered, nor plated, and has not been ridden. It has been serviced and set up with the latest fuel maps and is kept in a climate controlled setting. The bike is kept connected to a battery tender. The bike is occasionally started and warmed up and checked out , and then returned to the collection ( this is done to prevent problems that can happen if a motorcycle is left sitting to long without running the engine and neglecting its care / bikes in storage require regular care and regular checks and Im happy to discuss this topic to any one who has interest in this, or has questions about it ).

REGARDING CUSTOMIZATION AND OR UPGRADES AND EXTRAS; please read this as it tells about all of the goodies that have gone into this machine , as well as additional upgrades and spares available .

The bike originally was the highest spec BIMOTA ever built with a MSRP / Retail of $45900 USD ( true in 2006 when it was made )

The bike came with many many top of the line components and has an a hugh amount of carbon fiber throughout the bike, Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes , and a superb Suzuki TLR 1000 Vee Twin engine. BIMOTA added its own special ignition and fueling systems and has the worlds only tilting injector system that is computer controlled to match the movements of the butterfly valves of the 2 massive 52mm throttle bodies. The bike came with a half aluminum half carbon fiber frame, Racing forged CNC machined Gold anodized wheels, a one of a kind instrument cluster, a programable ECU with 2 maps that can be change in a minute at the instrument cluster / switch gear. The attention to detail is state of the art. In fact this BIMOTA has the best level of quality and fit and finish as well as the highest cost for BIMOTA to produce.

There is a fair amount of information about this bike available on the internet. The reviews and road tests of the bike had called the bike the Best Big Twin Super Bike as well as the Best BIMOTA ever built. The handling , suspension, performance and ride ability all un surpassed .

Please note: the few glitches that the BIMOTA SB8R / SB8RS bikes had was completely re done and do not exist in this model ( I use to own 3 BIMOTA SB8RS bikes # 5, # 6, and # 10 of 150 ....so I know ). In fact I sold my SB8RS bikes and replaced them with this Santa Monica ( and I had my SB8RS bikes customized and upgraded to the max )......I very much like this bike / SB8K Santa Monica over the SB8R/SB8RS models IMHO.

THE BIKE AS IT IS CURRENTLY SET UP .............Here is the LIST OF UPGRADES and CUSTOM changes to the bike ( the bike is currently set up like this ) :

Thousands of dollars and many many hours have gone into improving upon an already "perfect " bike. Here is wants on / in the bike as it is listed for sale ( all of these items go with the bike unless decided upon differently by the buyer / seller agreement ):

BIMOTA Carbon Fiber Racing Gas Tank / Fuel Tank ( the bike originally had a USA DOT Aluminum gas tank painted ). This is a very rare and expensive upgrade. $4500 USD from BIMOTA Italy . The Carbon tank was made for racing the bike. The carbon gas tank was treated with a epoxy inner coating ( during set up at the dealers ) and was done to both reinforce and strengthen the carbon tank to make it safe for riding the bike on the streets and mountain canyons. The carbon tank was used to both decrease weight as well as to improve cosmetics

Carbon Fiber Racing Gas Cap assembly ( locking type with key ) replaced the stock heavy OEM locking gas tank cap assembly to both lower weight as well as improve the cosmetics . This carbon gas cap matches the weave of the tank and is a upgrade

Carbon fiber gas tank guards were added for additional protection to the tank as protective upgrade

Rare BIMOTA Billet CNC machined Control Levers for both clutch and front brake replace the cast OEM levers. These BIMOTA levers are unique and fully adjustable and have the BIMOTA logo "cut" into their aluminum / billet facing. This was a $1000 USD addition.

Carbon fiber fluid reservoir caps were used on all 3 of the fluid tanks ( front brake, clutch and rear brake ) this replaced the OEM plastic caps

Custom made billet magnesium master cylinder mounting brackets and reservoir mounts are used to replace the OEM items

Carbon fiber preload adjusters were added to the front Ohlins racing fork

Moto Corse billet aluminum CNC machined micro turn signal units X 4 replace the OEM plastic units / $1250 USD

Custom made / adapted frame and fairing guards / sliders were made ( CNC machined and Gold anodized ) / $500 USD

Carbon Fiber low profile race mirrors replace the OEM plastic mirrors / $750 USD

Titanium fasteners are through out the bike ( when ever anything was upgraded or customized any of the fasteners involved were replaced with real race spec Titanium items )

THE ITEMS MENTIONED AND LISTED BEYOND THIS POINT ARE NOT ON THE BIKE BUT ARE AVAILABLE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST TO BE DECIDED BY NEGOTIATION BETWEEN BUYER AND SELLER ( these items are of course completely optional and the bike can be sold without them......it all depends on what and how the buyer wishes the bike to be set up and or what if any extras he / she may wish to include in the bike purchase )

LIST OF ADDITIONAL UPGRADES and or EXTRAS AND SPARES ( these items were purchased and or made for the bike but have not yet been put on or in the bike ) ( these items are available and can be added to the bike sale at additional cost / NEG ):

Custom made billet aluminum Gold anodized with all titanium hardware / front sprocket cover assembly ( replaces the OEM plastic unit)

Custom made billet aluminum Clutch case covers with BIMOTA Logo and anodized ( Gold anodized )( replaces the black plastic cover )

Carbon fiber license plate brackets with titanium fasteners

LED Tail Light Assembly ( replaces stock tail light assy)

Carbon fiber racing battery box ( to replace the OEM unit ) ( the CF box is lighter in weight and smaller to allow use of small racing lithium battery for big weight loss ) / $500 USD

Rare BIMOTA Titanium race side stand / $1000 USD

Extra front sprockets available / price NEG

Extra Rear Sprockets BIMOTA Gold anodized ( made for the SB8 models ) / 2 available / prices NEG

Ohlins front fork cap extensions available 1 set / pair in black

Ohlins fork cap tools ( for Ohlins fork caps and the extended caps which tale different tools )

Carbon fiber heel guards BIMOTA racing item

Spare / new BIMOTA Ignition assembly and lock set with keys / $750 USD

Custom made Carbon fiber alternator . stator / engine case cover

Spare carbon fiber rear fender / hugger BIMOTA SB8K OEM

BREMBO GP Billet Racing Micro rear brake caliper assembly with race pads and titanium

Custom rear brake mounting bracket CNC machined from billet ( made to allow mounting of the GP rear caliper listed above)

Titanium fasteners misc ( real race spec titanium fasteners for any and or all of the items listed as well as for other applications on the bike available upon request ) / prices NEG

The BIMOTA SB8K Santa Monica brand new in 2006 had a USA MSRP / Retail price of $45900 USD

Some more important things to consider and that I feel are important to discuss and or disclose include the following :

This is not a "grey " or illegal import. It was not sneaked into the country by round about means.

This is a 50 state legal motorcycle ( legal in all of the USA , including California ) . Please check and confirm this with your local state before you buy.

The emissions charcoal canister and gas fume recirculation system was removed from this bike because it is not required in my region / state.

The bike is currently located in Colorado USA Denver metro area. Private viewing available by appointment ( serious inquires only.....please contact me if you wish to see the bike and all of the upgrades and custom items mentioned )

IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO THE BUYER : If you do buy the bike you have to contact me to discuss the details of the sale.

Im a big believer in good open and freely exchanged communications between buyer and seller.......I expect the buyer to be available to talk with me to workout any and all details.

Payment methods to be decided by NEG / so to any shipping arrangements ( that are the responsibility of the buyer / I will be available for only limited assist in this area)

I would appreciate a swift deposit and speedy payment of any balance due on the bike. I must receive all of the purchase price and have it cleared and in my hands prior to releasing the bike to the buyer and or any shipping service.

All shipping costs , including any additional cost for any and all extras and spares are to be paid by the buyer.

Im a very fair person and in my early 60s / I much prefer a deal made man to man ( or man to woman) in a face to face transaction and sealed with a handshake. However , Im happy to assist in any special methods required to assist the smooth transfer of ownership of this gem of a bike

LAST WORDS TO CONSIDER :

This bike is brand new as described to the best of my knowledge. There are no known problems with the bike or with any of its parts.

However......I am not a dealer. The bike is new but was built in 2006. The bike is sold as is with not warranty not any guarantees

Once the bike is paid for , and the buyer takes over ownership I release myself of any and all responsibility for the bike and or its parts.

The buyer will get the original MSO as well as a bill of sale from me / my business partner is a lawyer and if we need any other type of legal documentation this can be arranged.

Thank you for your interest

Warmest regards

Doug

Serious inquires only

Doug

Email dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com

cell phone # 720 308-6477

Health problems ( and age / injury ) has my collections up FS

tx
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller is a true bike fanatic and a great person to buy from. I wouldn't mind swinging a Santa but his is so pristine it, and as much as I hate to say it, it belongs in a collection or a museum. Plus I'm in the process of thinning my herd. Plan to s to keep only the YB10 and R11S BCR. Good luck with the sale Doug.

George
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: