Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB EXUP series related parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimotabob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: YB EXUP series related parts Reply with quote

I have sold my Bimota Furano.
However i have mostly non specific parts for sale that would suit the YB8,YB10,YB11 and perhaps earlier YB7.
I'm happy to take to post shop for overseas freight however the Clutch and Alternator for example are larger heavier items and will cost a great deal so not ideal unless your in New Zealand so will also list them locally, the other parts are just advertised here for now so you people get first dibs.
Parts are in good condition considering the age.
The top cover gasket is not new but in good condition.
The clutch is a YZF750 with rivets ready for swapping with FZR1000 primary driven gear, plates look good - fibres aftermarket.
Ignition switch is 3 wire type but you fit your 4 wire plate to it.
Igniter is the early type, i have a feeling you can disconnect the EXUP and not go into limp home mode with this type.

Heres the parts I have:

I also have:
Complete good condition FZR1000 engine (35,000km)
Thunderace wiring loom with full electronics (incl fuel pump and igniter etc)
1991-1995 FZR1000 radiator (the larger one in good condition)
Various radiator hoses
Thunderace thermostat housing and carb heating piping
Thunderace carbs (15,000km)
FZR1000 EXUP headers (HPC coated silver)
Complete gasket set
Yamaha Genuine head gasket
Thunderace Airbox, complete with K&N filter
Thunderace coils set (look similar to FZR1000)
1991-1995 FZR1000 Radiator fan (bracket looks longer to suit longer radiator)

I also have a NEW Weber Marelli P7 ECU (injection computer) which is the same type used on the YB4EI, Tuatara and Furano.
Its sold for Ducati but the PCB is the same and all that appears any different is several configuration solder links placed on the board that when compared side by side are connected in different places in order to provide some kind of customisation and will need moving accordingly.

Happy to answer questions regarding possible fitment or photos of a part someone has more interest in.

Open to offers on anything, i'm not ruthless and wanting unrealistic money and considering the NZD is weaker than most currency this will work in your favour.
Probably should make a list of prices although if someone wants several things freight and cost will be better as its less work for me.
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Parts for sale Reply with quote

Hi I see you have a set of clocks and can also see that the fuel reserve switch is in place. Any chance you can have a look at it and see if there is a serial number or part number on there. I have been looking for one for my YB10.
Thanks
bimotabob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have another look, the Furano doesnt have a reserve switch - its injected. The clocks are the same as YB10 with different faces though and only other change is the fitment of a amber low fuel lamp.

The YB10 fuel system is like the FZR1000. The intank pump is only needed for when the fuel level is lower than the carbs, in other words if the pump stopped you could use the bike but with a lesser amount of fuel usable before "running out"

How the system works is basic, the pump runs. The fuel gets low and triggers the sensor. The pump stops. The rider activates the bypass switch. The pumps starts. I havent ever worked on one but thats my understanding based on knowing someone with on and having the FZR1000 wiring info. Good system really, i dont think there is a mechanical reserve just a pseudo effect of having one electronically which is handy and easy to sort.
Bud977

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close. The low fuel sensor cuts one of the cylinders when it senses low fuel, so the bike runs like crap. You press the button to acknowledge low fuel and the cylinder is activated again. All good.
bimotabob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mates YB10 runs without the pump even going so perhaps Bimota altered the wiring or my friend has done so.
With a fuel injected bike no pump means game over and $$$
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yamaha system is the sensor gets dry and makes a circuit that goes to the CDI. The CDI cuts like the red line, it alters two cylinders (1 coil) until the switch is used.
The FZR400(3en and beyond) uses this system, the same circuit has the kill switches, red line and speed restriction.
Yamaha fuel pumps are fairly generic and reliable so I guess you could use one on a Bimota.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts for sale Reply with quote

BimotaBoy wrote:
Hi I see you have a set of clocks and can also see that the fuel reserve switch is in place. Any chance you can have a look at it and see if there is a serial number or part number on there. I have been looking for one for my YB10.
Thanks

The one on my YB10 is a Miyama DS-700 from the label on it.

By the way, on the Dieci the system works in a different way to the Yamaha system. In the tank there are 2 fuel taps; one a conventional manual tap with a pickup higher up the tank and an electrically operated fuel tap that picks up at the bottom of the tank. When the level gets low it lands up below the manual tap pickup point so the bike starts to run badly as the fuel in the carbs runs out. So you switch to reserve which operates the electric fuel tap.

All the best

Katy
who

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob, What brand is the gasket set? And I'm interested in the genuine head gasket also. Can you post some prices or PM me if you like? Or post it up.

I think the ROM chip would need a re-flash in the Weber Marelli P7 ECU. I doubt the Ducati's run the ridiculous advance numbers of the Yamaha 5 valve Exup. Definitely not an impossible exercise. You would think that the wiring would be the same in the unit, as the Yamaha fires two cylinders a cycle, so essentially a V-Twin?

Sorry to hear you are getting out of Bimota, I would have loved to have purchased the Furano.

All the best!
bimotabob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The P7 system has the set of instructions on the removable EPPROM which also houses the ignition and fuel maps.
I don't believe the onboard processor; which has the same part number has a programmable non-volatile memory.

I read somewhere the processor was used in the mid eighties as a fire alarm system controller before Weber used it for EFI on cars.

I was planning to put all the stuff plus some other parts on ebay so you may have caught me just in time.

I have heaps of other genuine parts and also near new Dyna coil set to suit Yamaha - 2.2ohm primary if my memory serves me correct.
GregB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the FZR motor a Thunderace?
Also the steering damper, is that the same as the YB11?

Cheers

Greg
bimotabob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steering damper sold
Instruments sold
Ignition switch sold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: