Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Fuel Tank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shane 851

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Fuel Tank Reply with quote

Hi i was wondering if anyone would know if the YB4 and YB6 used the same fuel tank as the YB4 has a hole in the bottom for the Fuel Pump.
Mine has been repaired at some point a plastic plate has been welded over the hole where the fuel level sender should be and is leaking.Not sure if it is worth it to get it repaired.
Shane
Bud977

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't think so. The YB6/YB8 have 2 outlets on the bottom of the tank. One is the main outlet and the other is/was the reserve outlet. The fuel pump is under the seat on these.
shane 851

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that what i keep seeing.For sure with the YB8 just bot sure with the injected YB6 version.Just that the part number on the tank matches the one in the YB6 parts catalog.The YB4 shows a different number.
I see one shop lists one that suits both but i was pretty sure only the YB4 had the pump in the tank.Looks like i might be getting this one fixed.Suppose you don't know anyone that does plastic welding in Sydney
who

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first and most important question is are you talking about an Injected bike, or one that is carbed.

I think you would find the YB4 and the YB6 Tuatara, or IE shared the same_similar tank and airbox, (If you are taking injection). The difference, between the earlier models, and the newer (post 88 bikes) is the early injected YB's, and probably the standard fueled bikes is they had a tank that overlapped the airbox.

The later injected and normally fulled bikes had an airbox which had a tank and airbox sitting vertically parallel to each other (no tank to airbox overlap)

The best thing about the Bimota tanks is that they are plastic, so can be welded or repaired in any way our imaginations see's fit. Cheers.

PS: Drain the fuel out first, and wash out with water first! lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: