Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

bimota hb1 350 on e bay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skylinespeedster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: bimota hb1 350 on e bay Reply with quote

peoples thoughts on this hb1 350 . it says its a kitted hb1 . does this mean its just tank and seat unit or a full frame kit . ? unsure . swinging arm doesn't look bimota . all the pics ive seen of hb1 350 have eccentric adjusters . bike was also on gumtrree where seller said it had been sitting in a shed for years . not museum as in e bay ad . also footrests are home made not bimota . up to £2300 . not for me though. even though rare .

Ultra rare bimota hb1 350 four believed to be one of only 15 kits made for the 350/400 four hondas and not all have survived the only other I know of is in Japan. Fiberglass tank and seat magnesium wheels , twin front discs and rear disc conversion, marving exhaust. Loads of work done new wheel bearings brake seals and pads, carbs sonic cleaned and new o rings , tank ethanol treated, engine stripped inspected and rebuilt with new starter clutch.
The bike was imported from Italy then stood in a bike collection for many years unregistered. It now has a UK v5 and is k reg tax exempt. All work was done last year and it has a not till sept 17 . only done 19000 kilometers. The bike has wider tyres fitted so the original front mudguard is to narrow but is included along with original side panels. Great runner and handles superb.

genuine reason for sale i am 60 this year and planning a big trip

Advertised elsewhere and I reserve the right to end the auction at any time.

This is your chance to own one of the rarest bikes in existence

Happy bidding
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one I guess

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-hb1-kitted-350-caferacer-/142237606824?hash=item211e05a3a8:g:qRcAAOSwImRYcTrZ
barnmankit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a standard Honda frame, absolutely no doubt. There's a reason there isn't a photo of the frame number! Honda swinging arm and pressed steel pillion footrest hangers. Fork yokes are Honda too. I had a 400 four back in the day so I know a bit about these machines. The seller hasn't told any untruths but it's a bit misleading and not exactly 100% honest. Caveat emptor!
A shed full of bicycles

"We're each given one small grain of madness - if we lose it, we're nothing." Robin Williams
Monkeyrocco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all not trying to mislead anyone. I was never aware that collection and museum means the same ? I am also fully aware that a box section swinging arm was available mine not having it hence a clear picture of the standard swinging arm. The and clearly says bimota kitted not bimota. The bike came from a private collection of mainly British bikes which included a Vincent black shadow amongst others and this not being British lead to the lack of interest in it by the owner I can prove this . I have tried to alter the advert but eBay won't let me . I would like to thank all the people on this forum who helped me with this project . I have contacted the highest bidder to see if they are still happy with their bid and I am awaiting their response. Best regards. To all
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you MonkeyRocco.....it is what ever it is..and is worth whatever someone wants to pay...be it Bimota related or just an old Honda that's tax exempt...to be fair to the seller/owner...he did appear on here first with it and I helped put up the pictures and hopefully, assisted the owner in getting it registered which is a tiresome job at the best of times......

Not a bike for me as I like to ride them...and old magnesium wheels and presumably same age tyres are something I don't ignore when it comes to my own life/safety........

Best of luck to the seller who has at least resurrected and registered and got it going again.....It'll probably sit in someone elses collection/living room...plenty of money already on it...well done........ Laughing
Monkeyrocco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2bims , I agree it has a totally unknown value and retracted bids tend to put bidders off i guess we know the value now the sad thing is after all the rigmarole off registering it it's off to the USA . Maybe I should have just put it in my dining room in place the classic guzzi or better still got rid of the couch and had both in there. Keep smiling thanks again for all your support.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sods law eh...gets registered and MOT'd and off it goes on its journey...Hopefully you did well enough out of it...I bought a BImota once...well more than once..but on this occasion it was evidently made in Italy originally and I bought it from Italy...turns out it was a UK model originally sold here...then sold back to Italy and then I brought it back to the UK again...more miles in a van than on the clocks in its lifetime...previous owner in Italy gave me copies of old UK V5 which is where I got the clue from...took them to the DVLA..and they said...Hhmmm...was never registered as leaving the UK...so just apply for a change of owner...cheap as chips and kept its original UK age related plate..and UK registration history of previous owners, number of owners etc...was a pleasant surprise
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniped in the last 7 seconds of the auction by a brand new bidders first bid...man after my own heart..... Very Happy
Monkeyrocco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes happy enough , learned lots . Good story made me laugh. Have fun whatever you ride cheers
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Owner in USA has this up for sale....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332334552606?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Monkeyrocco, how much did you sell it for?
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold for $4549. Can't imagine much money being made by the seller, if any. I was very tempted to bid at that price except for a) made a deal with my wife to keep it to a 3 bike collection and I have 3 in the garage now and b) it is not registered in the US so additional bureaucratic hoops to jump through for which I have absolutely zero time or patience. Sure as hell was tempting though, but for now I'm sticking with the original plan to move out the Cagiva, keep the YB10 and the BCR and hopefully finding that elusive Tuono Factory....
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell0,

replica 400 Bimota tanks, seats and swinging arms can be bought from Motocicliveloce or Officine8 in Italy, so it's possible to build a modern one,

Cheers, MikeJ

P.S. The HB1 was a limited (10) edition 750, these are hop-up kits for the standard 400.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: