Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 Fuel Cock or Seal Kit for Same

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vincep

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: DB2 Fuel Cock or Seal Kit for Same Reply with quote

Looking for:
215000553 Fuel cock for a 1993 DB2 or a seal kit.
Is this a common fuel cock found on other cycles. I looked at that period Ducati SS900 without luck.
Cheers,
Vince
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which part is leaking...fuel cocktail to tank...of the on off tap itself?
vincep

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap itself. Has a square profile seal around the tap itself and it seats up against a round seal with four holes.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Away from home at present... I have a spare nos item....but let me dig it out and post a picture first to see if same....have you tried bimota classic parts???..
vincep

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes have looked at Classic Bimota Parts.
Looks like Mototeile has some complete units, though I do not want to buy the whole unit.
That tap on the DB2 (carbed) looks very familiar.
Vince
vincep

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.
22mm in the bore of the petcock. Anyone seen seals like this?[img]
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant see any image?
I have the tank off my dB2SR at the mom so I'll take some pics tomorrow. for comparison.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi did you get this sorted? Obviously a different tap/stopcock on the DB2SR 2 screw attachment only. (still cant see your image)
vincep

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to find a NOS item and went with that. Seems good now - in fact just got home from taking it for a blast.
MRLost

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1994 DB2 with the OEM Acerbis manufactured fuel tank. How do I know the fuel tank was manufactured by Acerbis? Because the little mounting pucks or feet or whatever that sit just forward from the petcock to hold the tank in place against the frame are embossed ACERBIS PLASTICA ITALIA. And besides, it makes perfect sense.

I can confirm this petcock fits perfectly.

https://www.partsgiant.com/p327822-acerbis-petcock-for-acerbis-fuel-tanks?m=477619&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhMy7_a6H2QIVCZ7ACh1k1AxFEAQYAiABEgLob_D_BwE

(there shouldn't be a "return" between the "?" and the "m=" but I cannot seem to get rid of it. Just go to Parts Giant and search for Acerbis petcocks, right side.)

Note that you want the petcock for the right side even though the petcock on the DB2 is on the left. I can only surmise that petcocks on Acerbis dirt bike fuel tanks face aft rather than facing forward as they do on Bimotas. You know how dirt bikes are ...

Note also that on the linked site for this petcock there is a question regarding the spacing of the mounting fasteners and "Staff" reply the spacing is 32.5 mm. I measured the spacing on my tank at 34 mm +/- a fraction but there is enough slop in the mounting flange that the petcock fits my fuel tank just fine. You will need to use the original screws.

And also note this petcock comes with a RESERVE setting which is a real plus, as far as I'm concerned. My fuel level sender died so having a reserve will be nice.

I can also confirm this gas cap fits my OEM DB2 fuel tank perfectly as well.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2851/40034/Acerbis-Fuel-Tank-Replacement-Gas-Cap?c=13

Note that size SMALL is what fit my OEM tank. It's plastic so not as nice as the carved-from-billet-aluminum OEM gas cap but the price is right. You may need to file down the plastic nub designed for the fuel tank vent so your fuel tank "door" will close but that should take ten seconds.

You can purchase the petcock through Rockymountain as well as the gas cap.

The main point is these tanks are made by Acerbis so Acerbis parts seem to fit regardless of what on-line retail company they are purchased from.

I repeat: RIGHT side petcock and size SMALL gas cap.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one MrLost....the Db2's quite unique in being one of the only Bimotas where you can actually access the switching of the petcock without removing the tank first or any bodywork......The Billet cap and alloy plate surrounding the filler cap are generally for "USA" only imported/intended models....as plastic petrol tanks were illegal in the US at the time...and I imagine the alloy cap and surrounding plate were to make the tank look alloy for anyone lifting the keyed flap.....EU models were just a plastic cap with Bimota written on it..and all plastic around....

Whats nice about the Ascerbis plastic tanks is that they don't rust...and don't seem to have suffered expansion due to ethanol fuels like modern day plastic tanks...either that or theres sufficient space between the tank and its fibreglass tank/seat unit to allow for possible expansion...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: