Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

new bimota purchace, new member
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to zoom in on the RHS of the ebay advert....it is a black coffic box brake master....but not a Ducati/Brembo item....picture would be nice though...the brembo stuff is pure rectangular...whereas the one on the YB7 seems to have 5 sides to it....a trapezoind? or is it Rhombus??? Never good at shapes...I'm a testimony to that. So I'll now look at early FZRunits....although you could retro fit NOS brembo units....would have to be sure on the Bar diameter of the clip-ons though...as I think they used Yamaha clip-ons and not Bimota own...

What did they do with the rear indicators at MOT time??? They have clearly snapped on the arms...BUT...and please please check....That they haven't swapped them for £5 items and THROWN away the old BImota ones....£5 items fine...but you could get good money just for the lenses off the old idicators...as they are unique to Bimota...and no longer available...been looking for the last 5 years.

If they are fitting a new chain and tyres...ask them...as long as they don't think you are becoming a pain that is...to pull the cush drive/sprocket plate off the back wheel...They don't have to undo the sprocket nuts....Just jiggle the sprocket out of the rear wheel hub with the sprocket carrier its attached to...Worthwhile checking the Cush drive bolts integrity that are threaded and bolted into the rear wheel hub....THey have had a tendency to snap clean off under aggressive take-offs...theres either 5 or 6 of them...and usually on pulling the wheel you find 4 good bolts and 2 where the head remains in the cush drive assembly..and the bolt is sheared off flush into the wheel hub.

I've not seen this on a Bimota YB...but have seen it on several Bimota DB series bikes that are fitted with the same Oscom Bimota stamped white 3 spoke wheels...maybe its the torque of ducati engines over Yam...who knows....Bolts are still available...I have a spare set....Bimota increased the dia of the holes over a period...increasing the size of the bolts...on top of the bolt heads is a collat collar and these push into rubber inserts fitted in the cush drive/sprocket carrier

Also have spare rubber cush drive rubbers if these are shot....

That's about it....Oh...and please please please...have they saved the remnants/remains of the rear indicators???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last last one.....I've sent you an ebay link to what looks like the same front brake master cylinder...has some kind of non-standard pazzo lever on it...and odd screws on the reservoir cover...but you could salvage the ones off the bike and get one together that's complete.....

Hang fire until dealer send you a picture of whats currently on it...or buy and be damned...ultimately your choice..
woowoohair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoken to them this morning, indicators are broken at the plastic stalk part but they will be sending them up with the bike.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool....I have 3 spare Bodies in various states....but they are all missing the indicator lenses....2 of my spares are 150mm long on the body (excluding the hidden threaded hollow fixing rod that pushes into the bodywork), and another that is 115mm long....THey must be very early examples of plastic bodied indicators being from the early 1980's that Bimota used them (and no other I can find)....I bought them out of desperation for my Bimota DB1...in case ...just in case...one day I found some spare lenses (the lenses are ruddy weird also)....even though they are plastic they break apart into about ten separate pieces...and even have a true metal polished reflector plate...I've since given up on finding lenses...and ideally I would like 2 long bodied indicators for the rear of my bike...and 2 short ones for the fronts...but sadly I have 3 incomplete versions...BimotaClassicParts have 13 No long bodied left indicators...and just 4 No. long bodied right indicators so hes no good to me either.

Thus...and the upshot is...if you are concerned about originality...or just to retain a set in a cushioned velvet blanketed humidity controlled environment, like the rest of us do with our precious spares.....and assuming that the orange reflectors on yours are intact...then I would be willing to let you have all 3 of mine at cost...which aint a whole bag of beans...Whereabouts are you just out of intrigue? No postcodes..just county...?
woowoohair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Staffordshire, thanks for the offer 👍. I'll have a look at the lenses when they get here.
woowoohair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YB7 all registered and legal on the road now so took it for a quick blast today.
Rides really nice, no unusual noises, everything seems to be working as it should be so all is well.
Just one question!
There is a red light that comes on when the bike is in gear and goes over about 6k revs, it's located at the bottom of the rev counter and is not a warning light as that's in a different place. Just wondered what it is?
As soon as it's below 6k it goes out again.
woowoohair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRH comes to the rescue 👍
It's a speed warning light for speeding in Japan 😂
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: