Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB5 wiring issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud977

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Steve. Changing the loom is one of those jobs that can take forever, but you've managed it in good time. The old looms are pretty thick and stiff and have to be stuffed into a space they were not originally designed for. Then there are the extra/modified plugs to deal with.
rpo83

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lech,

i couldn't believe how much time it took to fit the loom, i just finished it today, i must have re cable tied it 4 or 5 times in places, rerouting cables, but at least it is now finished (except for front indicators)

I took her for a quick run around the block and everything was working as it should...

A mate of mine has just had his ironhead Harley detailed and the guy did a great job, so i might see him about detailing both my Bimotas, it will give me a bit more time to fit the new turbo to my tow car and get that sorted...

I'd love to get the SB6 running but i don't know if i'll achieve it... Once the Discovery is sorted i'll pick it up from my mates place and have a look..

I can't wait for Eastern Creek Smile

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
brian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news mate Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Smile
You have to use those wide reusable cable ties huh
Bud977

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My YB8 wouldn't start after I relocated the loom. It ended up being a small obscure earth wire, even though the main earth wire was well grounded. It took me quite a while to find it.

In making the YB8 a race bike, I had to deal with the fuel reserve cut-out and a myriad of other unknowns. I ended up fitting an Ignitech ignition and making up a simple loom with only the necessary race stuff. Much easier to work on now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: