Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1999 SB8R with 6700 miles - SOLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6900+ miles now. It's raining hard this weekend, hopefully next weekend things should be looking up.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more miles = more smiles (and thumbs up from passerbys). couldn't resist to go on a run today. put another 60 miles in the twisties, down to PCH and back... my friend is breaking in his MV Augusta, or should I say its the other way around. hard to imagine our bikes are 17 years apart...

2004 BMW R11S BCR
quikduk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I recognize that parking area. It has literally been years since I have been up there. I wonder if Ed and Vern are still alive?

Next time there is good weather, I'll give you a buzz and perhaps we can meet at the RS for lunch. Probably better on a Friday or Saturday as I assume the Sunday crowd is still a bit wild.
quikduk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For our mates overseas, this is the parking area in front of the world famous Rock Store. I used to live on the roads around this local MC hangout back in the 80's and early 90's.

Man have I got some stories about this place, the riders, etc. It attracts a who's who of stars and most of the guys I used to ride with probably still visit. It is just a bit far now for me to "pop by" on a whim (about 115 miles one way).

The roads around here are just as famous. Look any of the following names for some fun reading online:

Mullholland Highway
Kanan Dune Road
Encinal Road
Latino Canyon
Stunt Road

Closer to me are:

Angeles Crest Highway
Highway 18
Palomar Mountain Road
Ortega Highway

Anyway...man do I need to ride but the winds are gusting over 35 mph now so not such a good time. Rolling Eyes
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quikduk wrote:
Gee, I recognize that parking area. It has literally been years since I have been up there. I wonder if Ed and Vern are still alive?

Next time there is good weather, I'll give you a buzz and perhaps we can meet at the RS for lunch. Probably better on a Friday or Saturday as I assume the Sunday crowd is still a bit wild.

Be my pleasure. If you make the ride, grub is on me. The weather is getting better so I hope to see soon.

I am about a mile away from Topanga and Mulholland. A buddy of mine lives right on the corner of Mulholland and Stunt. So riding the 'bu roads is super convenient. I see Gard Hollinger there from time to time. His crew is always there with their Arch bikes, he's the guy who sold me the SB8R. Matt Leblanc was there not too long ago, but I only knew it was him because someone in my group recognized him.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: