Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

small sprocket for a DB1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shay001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: small sprocket for a DB1 Reply with quote

the small (15 tooth) sprocket for my DB1 is sadly cactus. As usual when the problem should be straightforward it isn't

Let me elaborate

The sprocket is cup shaped inside, with a similar cupped washer that fits inside, it is then secured with an aluminium plate with a hole in the middle, this allows the whole assembly to be secured to the output shaft with an M8 bolt.

Trouble is after asking my local shops etc none of them seem to have the same sprocket, and the trouble is all the alternate ones seem to fit on the wrong section of the shaft to allow correct chain and wheel alignment.

Any advice guys?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a "bimota Specific" DB1 front sprocket....DB2's and some others bikes are the same...specific sprockets on the front to ensure correct chain alignment...Its almost as if Bimota design and make the entire bike...ensuring wheel alignment...throw in cush drive assembly and standard=ish rear sprocket....chuck the engine in...and then realise a standard Ducati front sprocket doesn't achieve the correct chain alignment...thus they design the front sprocket last........Have you tried BCP in Italy for spares?....I have a couple of spares but they are in a secure remote location with other paraphernalia....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Paolo of BCP.....Part number for sprocket is 500210060

http://www.bimotaclassicparts.com/en/ricerca?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=PIGNONE+X+DB1&submit_search=

Seems to be only listing DB1Junior..the 400cc engine...and splines make up looks completely different...the 400cc motor was a sleeved down version of the 600 motor...not the 750...hence maybe different sprocket shafts

Heres the spare parts fiche...but ask Paolo anyhow...best on Facebook for responses...he doesn't have a copy of DB1 spare parts fiche...only DB1S and DB1SR....so he may have stock...I'll also look at 2 other suppliers of Bimota parts that I know

http://www.bimotaclassicparts.com/en/ricerca?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=PIGNONE+X+DB1&submit_search=
shay001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I looked on eBay Italy after posting. He has the correct type. 126 pounds (UK money). Expensive but what else is there? Post from Paolo is always on the expensive side also, I get him to throw a couple of bits in to make it worthwhile
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudolf at Bimota-parts.de has front, rear sprockets, cover for front amd new cush drive rubbers for DB1...and better price than Paolo...and they are the right ones...blokey doesn't speak or write English though...but he is good...only direct bank transfer...before shipping...but I can vouch for him

http://www.bimota-parts.de/en/component/virtuemart/db1/ritzel-kettenrad-db1-detail.html?Itemid=0
Quadrasuarass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check with Steve at Bevel Heaven; they have a good selection of all spline types and offsets, he is quick to respond and very helpful/knowledgeable:

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Chain-Sprockets-page-2/

Alternatively you can fit a 750 PASO output/layshaft as this has a larger offset to compensate for the 160/60/16 rear tyre and gives a straight chain run with a flat sprocket with no offset.

Maybe conside a 520 chain conversion at the same time....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: