Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota replica
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Bimota replica Reply with quote

may upset a few purists, but this awesome project build is on a two-stroke forum I frequent.

some of the detailing is amazing - you can read the build here........

http://www.suzuki2strokes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11842

nice to see a Bimota with a reliable 2 stroke engine fitted.............. Very Happy
quikduk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if I could smell anymore, I'd say "Man! I love the smell of VP pre-mix racing fuel in the morning! It smells like...victory!!!"
Weed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That man has some serious talent. I think I'm doing pretty well when I bolt 2 fabricated (by others) pieces together.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No purists on here that I know of....its not like Bimotas themselves are anyhow....models varied from one to another depending what they had lying around or what the customer wanted....and then theres the "use engines from whomsoever will supply us" thesis....I still like that German reimagining KB1 with a KH750 triple 2-stroke engine in it.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8umkIyJVGKw
Wolfgangh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am the guy building this bike. I am not as talented as you may think, I had the frame built by a genius craftsman from Holland, based on my drawings and dimensions.
I have built several project bikes before, all of them are twostrokes. The Bimota clone is gonna be my ultimate bike dream come true, both in form and function. I am trying to stay with classic period correct components whereever possible, the only ( almost invisible) exceptions are a LiFePo battery ( hidden inside an empty lead acid battery housing) and a very small digital instrument in the upper triple clamp to complement the huge analog tacho with Bimota face.
I was thinking a while which engine to use - a CB750 or the GT750 which I already lying around. I decided for the latter for cost reasons and exclusivity.
If interested, I can keep you posted about the prpgress; just finished the wiring harness on the weekend
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We/re always interested in such projects.....and ultimately if they get finished...that we all hope for with our own projects....post away or scream if you need help in uploading pictures...we all love pictures... Shocked
Wolfgangh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, if you want pics, I have plenty:

Here is the drybuild before painting:

my hidden LiFePo battery:

my digital instrument to complement the original GT750 tacho with BIMOTA face:

total view without engine - note I am using detachable subframes to avoid stressing the crankcases:

PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, lovely work Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
Great, lovely work Smile

Oye!! Paul.....get back in that garage you internet monkey....at the rate you're going there wont be any of your bikes coming to the show...

Lovely pics by the way of your HB1/Kettle hybrid...some lovely period genuine Bimota parts, brake lever, footpeg...and a lovely turned twisted rear brake master push rod....busy making stuff for our show at the moment...will study and comment further later....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the detail on that bike....you certainly are going to town with all the bells and whistles...I just hope that its not so "perfect" that when you finish it you are too scared to ride it in case it gets dirty...

Oh...Can I have the Lancia Beta Monte Carlo in the background....love those cars....The red one behind the stinky old german Merc.....
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning
who

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wolfgangh, lovely work! Have you been on the RZ500 forum for years with your replicas?

Anycase keep posting!
brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Wolfgang. I love the work you're doing! Beautiful attention to detail, new and old.

Yes please, keep the updates coming and plenty of pics
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Wolfgangh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who wrote:
Hi Wolfgangh, lovely work! Have you been on the RZ500 forum for years with your replicas?

Anycase keep posting!

Yes I am posting on RZ500 forum since I have built 2 RD500 project bikes as well
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really nice build - looking forward to the rest of it.
You can see how the Bimota headstock is different to the standard and yet a simple solution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: