Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Yammie DT125R turnaround

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Yammie DT125R turnaround Reply with quote

Well...It landed Tuesday...fresh from France....started 4th kick...didn't realise they had a choke...cough cough....and was stripped and cleaned over the next 2 days...Oil change done...air filter cleaned....Brake fluids changed...chain and sprockets cleaned and lubed...suspension linkages cleaned and greased, cables oiled....Discs and calipers cleaned, 2-stroke oil topped up, Radiator system flushed and refilled.....Just have to wait now for my £2.36 NGK spark plug to arrive in the post...Oh...and its insured and MOT'd now and V5 sent off for after the NOVA was done.....Had a hoon around town taking it to the MOT station....amazingly there was roadworks and allsorts of problems going there and back...hence I had to take the long way around on both journies...ruddy typical.

I can now say that "I get it"...with going back to yesteryear and your first bike....being a 2-stroke...and mine was an IT blue DT125LC....this is the next generation...its as much fun now as it was then...a real big boys bike...and you blat through the gears in rapid succession just like on a Vdue...but without the impending fear of near certain death or imminent big bang explosion....Just have to stop myself buying more now...Twas an absolute pleasure to work on...so simple, after being used to the complexity of Bimotas...Have to be careful...I may be turning...has never been apart...even had the original tool wallet unopened...and factory fresh...

brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. No sign of said 'young fella'. Hope you're not doing all the spanner work
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm easing him into it gently....He washed his own mountain bike for the first time on Wednesday....then attacked the spokes on the rear wheel whilst I did the front on the DT125 with Brillo pads....I gave him the choice of wheels to pick...and mentioned the rear wheel was smaller than the front....teehee....he didn't quite pick up on the rear sprocket having the chain drive being on the back wheel and hence more crud......He's helped me change the oil, top up fluids and yesterday it was change the brake fluids out with fresh...which has improved the braking somewhat...I reckon the fluids were original 18 years old....even let him top up the hydraulic with the bottle after each reservoir emptied out.....so he can now help me change the fluids on the other bikes...and yesterday he had his first few unaided runs up and down the driveway....a little rapid with the clutch dropping...and a little too revs...I had visions of him flipping it...but he persevered and got there in the end...just have to hide the keys now in case he fancies hooning around the neighbourhood whilst I'm not around...Age 14...and my boots and helmet fit him to a tee....
laminator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace bit of kit. I had an RD125 as my introduction to bigger bikes.

We've converted one of the younger lads from a footballist to a biker here at work. He's been and bought an Aprilia SX125 with supermotard spoked wheels, etc.

Loads of fun.

Good work 2Bims.
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the Bimota's I have bought ain't been that clean !! Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Some of the Bimota's I have bought ain't been that clean !! Shocked

Most of your bimotas aren't that clean now...teehee...I hope you're getting the Mr sheen on them before the show...
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies fellows....I was so keen to ride the thing and go and terrorise the neighbourhood...I completely forgot to take "Final assembly" photos....so here they are....New sparkplug and air filter came this morning...and V5 application now sent off in the Post...awaiting age related plate...AND...I've now found out its a full power version and the the YPVS system only kicks in at 6 thou revs up to 10K...Oh my....I think I better buy a spare in case I toast this one....or hide the keys away.....ying ying ying...

stockcar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on, hope YOU enjoy it......

Sorry I meant HIM........ Laughing
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

All the fun of a full power 2 squeak 125.

All the best

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: