Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester show 2nd/3rd April 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not expecting to be found so Quickly??...Oh come on...you were riding a Bimota..I was expecting/hoping you would come down as the weather was fine, and for some reason on Sunday I had no phone signal in the Hall so I went outside to see if you had already arrived.....I might be biased but it only takes a millisecond to spot a Bimota....easily the most recognisable bike, and always sure to stand out from all the other humdrum brands that were parked up outside.

Oh ...I have a small Bimota related "trinket" that I forgot to give you whilst you were at the show...nothing much but I'd like to send it on to you....Bimota related in that its made by the company that made my Mini-me Db1 model...they also made the original DB1 bodywork and current Bodywork for Bimotas....It sure as hell dont fit me but your newer improved petitness may mean it fits you....

PM me either a works or home address and I'll happily post it down to you... Smile
SpikeC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sooo jealous! What a great exhibition of fine machines! How many Bims were there? I think there might be one other here in Portland, I saw it at the shop getting prepped to ride, a DB4.
Is there a coffee cup with a DB5R on it? I would really love to have one!
Congrats to all of you for a fine effort!
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spike.....We had 13 Bimotas on our stand and one Vyrus...13 may sound unlucky and was our clubs lowest turnout....but I would rate it as our best show yet....well supported by attendees manning the stand throughout the weekend, giving us all a chance to walk around the Show and chat to other folk, and a lot of Forum members that also turned up and stayed on to help pack away...everything was out of the place in under 2 hrs...albeit many bikes were still on the road travelling home.

There was another Bimota outside that road down to see the show...and 6 more Bimotas on the Dealers stand of Amore Moto also.....

DB5R coffee mugs???....probably would be a lower production run than Faberge eggs if even half of all DB5R owners wanted one....I do have a DB5Mille coffee mug and a Vdue one...but thats it....perhaps best is to take an image of your own bike and get it put onto a mug...the likes of photobucket offer this service....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More images here of the whole show taken by someone else...click on any of the images and it opens to over 100 for anyone that couldnt be there..

https://1894tony.wordpress.com/2016/04/02/manchester-bike-show-2016/comment-page-1/#comment-1040
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: mass shifting! Reply with quote

Just a couple of photos
The bike layout was very comforting..rather like a heard of musk ox all facing outwards to protect each other. As the previous photos show though, the defences were still open to entry by the fairer sex!

The other more ludicrous photo shows that you can fit a 6ft 4" 100kg man on a DB1.
Its not pretty though and I couldn't actually flex my ankles once 'on board'. A DB2 is luxury in comparison.
And,.......although this looks like an 'add a caption' competition photo please don't bother!!

It was nice to see the bikes and of course to put a few faces to the forum names. Well done to 2Bims and all the others for their efforts in setting up and manning.
If you can find space next year I would be more than happy to have my DB2SR on the stand in such illustrious company.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be more than welcome to return next year with or without your bike...Any Bimota or bike that shares an element of the same DNA...aka "Vyrus"...is always more than welcome.....and any guests of the Forum.....Glad you got to try out the DB1 as it was the one you missed out last time around in trying out
CNC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, great effort and beautiful bikes!!!
CNC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, one of these days KTM will have to go to make a space for one more Bimota Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you managed quite well without me chaps.
I will not take it personally that people only volenteered after I said I was not going . Shocked Crying or Very sad
Anyway, moving on, will employ the same tactics next year , seems to work well. Laughing
Les Caddaye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims,

Your numbers may have been down but the quality was sure up there. Sydney next week to see if we can break the numbers and maybe the quality, though I can't get mine to shine like that.

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know theres a time difference between Oz and the UK...but you do realise this post is of Last Years Event don't you? ...Its another week to go for this years event....The lighting in the arena is really quite good it has to be said...and even tired examples can shine and appear better than in reality...so much so that some dealers have asked if they can move from their dimly lit separate section to that of the clubs section....will be interesting to see your events pictures and stories...makes a nice change having more than one show...and on the same weekend its the start of Formula One and the first MotoGP race also....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: