Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Matching frame and engine numbers ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boffer - originals in some people's eye's may be the one to collect, personally having ordered and ridden an original in 1996/7 I can tell you it ran crap and I got my money back. To some the challenge of getting it to run correctly, with all the modern technology that is a available might be part of the attraction , is an original worth 19k ?? Not in my eye's.
Having been to Piero's numerous times I can tell you there are create's of original case's which Piero says are un-usable.(oils way issue's , seal mounting etc) . Injections Piero did sort sort of , but even he says a sorted injection is, how should we put it ? , temperamental .
Runesika - Matching numbers I have seen.I also think there was someone on here a while back with a Trofeo with matching numbers . Coincidence or intentional who knows and probably no-one that could actually confirm either way.
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vdue's at the Classic TT were fun, and the fact that 2 vdue's were circulating the IOM even made it onto the Manx radio !!
And as it winter a few picture's of summers passed. !!

Vdue just past waterworks

Ramsey square with the support crew !!

And Costa of course !!

runesika

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/runesika/media/IMG_1162.jpg.html?sort=4&o=2
Test picture Bimota Vdue with Kawasaki H2
runesika

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^This was an attempt to post a single image of my Vdue with my H2 ( sorry four stroke version ) but it's uploaded a few of my Vdue stainless steel exhaust that hopefully will also be of interest .
Apologies to non dog lovers for my scruffy mutt but at least I've managed to finally post a picture ( I think ? ) Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And heres the pictures to save others waiting for Photobucket to upload...Nice pipes...and a configuration I've not seen before...wish mine were stainless steel...

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
runesika

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh excellent ! Thank you 2bims .
I'm slowly getting there with my image posting but still some way to go .

Despite being stainless steel they are very much lighter than the mild steel standard pipes as they are as thin as fag paper !
I have to say that if you showed the image of the Vdue and the Kawasaki to a non motorcyclist I very much doubt that they would think there was a seventeen year age gap , the Bimota really still looks fantastic .
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were so nearly there with your images.....with a "post open" and beginning to type words etc...you also need your photobucket account open in another window....if you then hover your mouse over the last link of the 4 on the RHS of the image...the img one....it should then highlight "copied"....and then click into your open BImota post, put the mouse curser in the mouse and right click and click "paste"...that image and link are then copied into your post.....hopefully this will help you in the future.

Bimota really were ahead of their time...but then they did small production and weren't limited by constraints of budget or price...and thus could lavish carbon forks, self supporting carbon seat unit, guards, rear hugger.....Ohlins, and lots and lots of alloy and billet......DB5 is now 12 years old yet is bang up to date with Ohlins, billet, monblock brembos, radial brembo masters etc etc....Shame is though that the big manufacturers are now releasing ltd edition \Very expensive bikes with top line components...exactly what was Bimotas market....
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, summertime an VDue's, my favourite 😜👍
Nice bikes boys
runesika

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after 1000 views of my original post asking if anyone else has matching numbers on their V DUE ( admittedly half of the views could be me !) another one has yet to surface.
At a guess i would say around half the V DUEs are in English speaking countries UK , OZ , USA etc and this really is the only Bimota forum out there so is it unusual or unique to have matching numbers ?
trev45

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say so , that makes your even more rare hahahahaa

Cheers Trev
runesika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't make any difference to the value of the V DUE being matching as it appears it's not a concern of the Bimota factory but it seems to make a massive difference to my Yamaha RD 350 LC ,
Mine is a UK registered matching numbers 4LO frame and engine .
In around 1982 or 83 I called into Cope motorcycles in Colchester Essex and it was LC carnage , the things were laying around outside with forks buried into radiators etc and those that weren't crashed were stolen and those that weren't stolen were either 250 converted into 350s or fitted with Suzuki Gamma engines .
Almost all the eBay 350 LCs are either German imports or mismatched numbers or 250 frames with 350 engines so if you find an original one you have to pay a fair premium for the rarity factor .
JackJabba

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matching number 350LC's are not that rare. Its the matching number 250LC's that are rare, for all the reasons you have stated.

I have a matching numbers 250 but it will never be worth as much as a 350 even though its rarer.

By the way my V Due doesn't have matching numbers.
runesika

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackJabba wrote:
Matching number 350LC's are not that rare. Its the matching number 250LC's that are rare, for all the reasons you have stated.

I have a matching numbers 250 but it will never be worth as much as a 350 even though its rarer.

By the way my V Due doesn't have matching numbers.

Yes , makes sense , it's probably being first registered in the UK that's just as important for the 350 . I had a 250 on L plates back in 1980 / 81 as you have a LC you will appreciate this story .
I was talking to Mr Cope from Cope motorcycles a year or two ago as I pulled up on my 350 LC . I told him how I remembered all the smashed up LCs parked behind the shop . He told me that from memory they sold around seventeen 250 & 350 LCs and Yamaha sent him seventeen brand new sets of exhausts due to cracking ( the new ones are thicker near the exhaust ports ) He tried to contact all the owners to replace the exhaust but most had been either sold on two or three times ,shunted cars or parted hedges and he only changed four or five sets . After storing them for around five years and no one interested in having standard pipes he skipped the lot to make way for current model spares !!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
runesika

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runesika wrote:
So after 1000 views of my original post asking if anyone else has matching numbers on their V DUE ( admittedly half of the views could be me !) another one has yet to surface.
At a guess i would say around half the V DUEs are in English speaking countries UK , OZ , USA etc and this really is the only Bimota forum out there so is it unusual or unique to have matching numbers ?

It's official, yes I'm a fucking idiot ! Matching on log book only
Embarassed . Typing this message facing the corner with a cone shaped hat with a large D for DUNCE on it .
Brought back some old school memories though .
vort28

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runesika , keep it quiet , your secrets safe with us !! Shocked There are only 1862 views now !!Rolling Eyes
And very noble of you to admit your mistake Laughing Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: