Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Actual 38 Bikes at the Manchester Bike Show - 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thank you everyone, and a very big thank you to 2bims for all his effort and time doing the stand.

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks also to everyone...and apologies for being tetchy...ahem...to say the least...few things went South rapid today...Silver lining though...we won.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

BEST CLUB STAND

.....our highest award ever....and also a runner up prize for Laminator and one of his YB's...His second runner up prize ...just like his school report...."Must try harder"....

Late here...I was the last man out of the building...BIG thanks to everyone...no details needed...new friends made...and existing friendships hopefully made better.....SAYONARA

Oh...over £350 collected for North West Air Ambulance Services also (haven't counted the final tally yet)...and for my sins...I dressed as a nun for the weekend....all for a good cause...hopefully no one got a picture of that

One very last one...can everyone that showed a bike please text or somesuch, to let me know they got back in one piece...themselves and their bikes...God Bless...

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bike Show reviews are "rolling in"...makes for interesting reading for some of them

more here, and one mentioning our stand

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ManchesterBikeShow/reviews/?ref=page_internal

"That's the first time I've been here yesterday, and there was more bikes on display than I thought there would be, yep not as good as N.E.C. or London which in the past was on for a full week. queue was large even though I had a pre-booked ticket, but it did not take long to get in. had a great time, needs more dealers to attend though, highlights were the KTM stand (I'm biased there as my late father was a area sales rep for them), and he'd of loved to see the range of bikes they have now, also Ducati stand was good, and best display must go to the Bimota guys.very good turnout for bike clubs and very good display of classic bikes, great stalls selling everything bike related, etc...downside was stunt display, few years ago at G-Mex in Mcr. they had a better setup and two guys on bikes, more entertaining, but guy on mountain bike was very good.
So would I go again...hmmm probably not for 2 or 3 years now, as I'm more into classic American cars and such, but overall I had a great day, and talked to a few good people. As for food it always is dear in any show these days, I took my own and a drink.

This guy also took a few pictures...and most prolific bike brand...just seemed to be Bimota....

https://www.facebook.com/leecalver/media_set?set=a.10154148073447924.1073742005.600307923&type=3&pnref=story&hc_location=ufi
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, huge thanks to 2bims for his tremendous efforts in organising everything for the Manchester Bike Show event. It was a fabulous display of Bimotas, must easily have been the largest ever gathering in the UK, possibly in Europe even?
Special thanks from me to 2Bims for his encouragement and help in restoring my DB1 for the show (not quite finished but almost there!) and his brother for transporting my machines to and from the show. I wish 2Bims well as he 'drops off the grid' for a well deserved rest.
Also thanks to the many proud owners who supported the Forum in bringing their machines, many for the first time. Some had horrendous journeys due to the M6 motorway being closed (again!), Welshlambs journey took him the best part of 10 hours! Hope his return trip was less arduous.
Some pictures in no particular order:

[img]

Admin's YB10

Andy G's DB3 Mantra

Frame Tree, can you ID the frames?

BB3 Superbike - Ben Wylie

Vdue engine

Vdue

Vdue Trofeo

Tesi 3D

YB4 Racer - Ben Wylie

SB6

SB6R - GeeKay
[/img]
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures Paul, if you look closely in the background on your photo #4 (on the RHS) you can see a prize winning bike........Smile

I got a few photos.

PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More show pictures
[img]

SB4 1100

YB9SR Goebert colours - Laminator

YB8 - Laminator

YB7 400 - Laminator

YB6 - Laminator - likes his YB's does Lammie! Took 2nd Best Bike in 1980s group

YB5 1100 - A YB NOT owned by Laminator!

KB1

KB1 Two up! Always admired the rear on the KB1!

YB9SR - PaulDB2, thank you ladies!

DB1 naturally heads the DB line-up

DB7

DB2 Injection Tricolore - Welshlamb

DB1 Body, with Mini DB1 model, and rolling chassis, almost finished - PaulDB2

DB7 Oronero - carbon fibre frame and swing arm sections, all carbon bodywork, nice!

Admin's Gilera CX project

Apologies, I hope nobody is offended if I have missed their machines, I thought I had covered them all but too many distractions!

Last edited by PaulDB2 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Laminator, got you credited in the post above! Very Happy
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you

All the best

Katy
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant display of Bimotas, well worth the trip up from Cov. Good to meet fellow forum members and put faces to a few names. Thanks to 2bims and all who displayed their bikes, great stuff

(Edited by 2Bims...no names please)
Bud977

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome. Well done guys. Your display is very professional looking and plenty of interest for the average punter. Apart from the plethora of awesome machines I like the frames on the hangers. They are the heart of Bimota so great to display them.

We had a top weekend with our display at the International Festival of Speed. We ended up with 17 bikes overall after some owners had dramas getting their bikes there. Still good though.

Very sociable bunch of guys, most of whom met up for the first time. Brian did his 2000km drive back home in one day as Cyclone Debbie is about to hit his hometown of Mackay. It may be a Category 5 cyclone when it hits the coast later today. All the best to Brian.

I tried posting some photos up but I think I have to reduce their size somehow. I haven't worked out how to do this yet. Once I do, I'll start a post on our event, or I'll leave it up to Brian Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A special "THANKS" goes out to one of our Forum Members, for donating the largest Financial Contribution yesterday, for someone that couldn't make it to the Show to our "North West Air Ambulance Services" Charity Collection....This service is evidently invaluable to all motorists, and the contribution came from a North Eastern member via PayPal to my email address.........as a "gift" to friends and family so no paypal fees were deducted...it has now swelled our total to some £430 as other contributions rolled in during the day.

I have contacted the Show Organisers, Andrew Greenwood Classic Shows, to ask if they could "match" our contribution with one of their own, or some other sum, and thus such enable them to advertise their efforts and those of the Forum members....Usual pack drill though....No Names, no faces....no adulation called for or necessary....Thanks...

Still recovering myself...woke up on the Sofa at 2am today....Ruddy thing wrapped its comforting arm around me and sucked me in...4.15am now...I cant get no sleep...I cant get no sleep......

I have also decided who is receiving the Award for "Best Club Stand 2017".....I would have put it to the vote, but not necessary, theres only one person responsible for our continued addiction and passion, linking owners across all borders and seas, Brave, smart, and passionate...and continued support since 22nd October 2007, and obviously a fellow Bimota Owner....YB10...Fortunately I am moving home in a weeks time....so there will be no chance of the Winners Plaque being returned to me, as I will be posting it on when I move home....and I have her address, but she will not have mine to "return to sender, No such number, no such name, she wrote upon it...."

Last edited by 2bims on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here they Come....at long last...The Show Photos and Videos...as lack of sleep starts to fade...and cramped legs recover from 3 days of standing, loading bikes, unloading etc....

Firstly the newest addition to the Show...and never seen before on our stand...SB6R....

Which required a Newcastle Ferry to Holland

And a Day in Amsterdam until the Seller finished work when he promised he would deliver said bike

GeeKay collecting Bike from Seller in IJmuiden, Holland, Wednesday Afternoon before show set up day on Friday...slight skirmish with the law as the local Fuzz had him for riding it the 100 yards to the ferry terminal with no helmet...Bad Boy...

So empty were our pillows of cash we decided to blow the residual pennies on a cabin upgrade...
Free Bar in Commodore Class...Hic.....

And as the Sun was setting it was time for evening meal...

More slumming it in economy class desert menu....you don't get to eat them...they just show you "what you could have won"...

Early Morning Breakfast, THursday before the Show....Slumming it again

Then it was back to Sunny Manchester, and Friday morning Bimota SB6R passed its UK MOT....thus its showtime....and off to PaulDB2's to collect his recent DB1 resto and Sheepdip yellow YB9.....Sheepdip must have known she was going out to play...as the Sun decided to put its hat on...HEre is the rightfully proud Owner...Resto finished on the Day of Show set-up....My brother and I arrived to hear the Noises of a grinding wheel, as PaulDB2 made casual adjustments to his Show stands for the bodywork to remain "aloft"

I'd purposefully "stayed away" from PaulDB2's house whilst his resto was ongoing...a committed and proud fellow that he be...that his mission was to complete the task to be able to show the bike this year...And methinks he only started in January???....a Colossal achievement...
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show Day...Early Sunday Morning before Joe Public got through the Doors....only time to get an "emptyish" stand for clearer views....

Little fellow enjoying riding his Limited Edition No. 44 of 100 Mini-me Bambino YB4i.e.

And a proud father recording his son riding his very first Bimota...surely it wont be his last??

A Big thanks also to Andy G for loaning his DB3 mantra to complete the line-up....and as we are always short of tables and flat working surfaces...he also brought down his Italian Picnic Table to help out the persons attending the stand...useful for morning coffee break time...

Even signing of the Davide Tardozzi Print for Lammies Dad was easily accommodated aboard the Picnic Table

And after Coffee and Shortbread...it must be "fag" time.....Come on board Gitane Blondes and Marilyn Monroe....

Last edited by 2bims on Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you must have managed to sneak past the border guards at the "angel"...........will get you next time Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissapointed Chaps?....Wot...No ladies???....do not be disheartened.....

The Wonderful Josie Amy, otherwise known as Metal Barbie, had posted up on Facebook that her and her sister and another friend were due to be down there...and thus, my mission was set and completed...Big Thanks go out to the girls and their Chaperones for bringing Joy and Happiness to otherwise grumpy old Bimota owners, myself included....

Oh Hang on...back track...backtrack...whats that I hear you say...Zoom in for a close up just to be sure.....

YES indeed....what an absolutely stunning rear end on that Vyrus....such a wondrous sight....

Pure genuine sweet carbon bodywork....complete with squishy race carbon Zard twin end cans.......I bet that goes like a Rocket in Take-off...my life is complete.......Young lady's a pretty lass also...most sporting......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: