Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Actual 38 Bikes at the Manchester Bike Show - 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
you must have managed to sneak past the border guards at the "angel"...........will get you next time Laughing

We were slinging empty Bottles of Newcie Brown out the window, so were taken for being locals.... Laughing , Back of van was loaded with coal also....
rpo83

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all should be extremely proud of your efforts, WOW what a stand, give yourselves a pat on the back... The stand looked amazing..

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was flung up in a matter of minutes....constructing the Flat Pack Bambino mini YB4 rocker on the other hand took several hours Embarassed
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of shots of the Bikers only car park outside, albeit late on Sunday...and the aftermath of departure for many due to it being Mothering Sunday, clocks going forward one hour, First Moto GP race of the Season...and first Formula One race of the Season....

And a few more Specific Shots of what caught my eye....

This little gem inside, made by CCM in BOLTON, UK, certainly caught my eye....but was like the elusive Mirage of an Oasis in the Desert....you could see it but never get to it.....Ltd Edition of 150...priced at £8,000....but all 150 were sold at the NEC show prior to coming to Mcr...so none left...boohoo...

Heres Katy, AKA Admin leaving the Building late on Sunday after pitching in to help clear away the Stand...and providing much Needed home made cakes...Ruddy YB10 fired on the button and off out of the building she went....

And this was my last view of the Venue at 9.55pm On sunday...the last one out of the Building with GeeKay....

And the Elusive Holy Grail? The much Coveted "Best Club Stand at the Show"....??

And in close up, for folk to click, crop and print off and frame up...

Twas a bit of a shame that said award had been dropped on its arse by the Organisers prior to being awarded....and the nice new powdery Mdf was showing through the "faux" mahogany plastic coating...Hhmm

Ah Well...its a good thing that we did, we shared, we laughed, we educated others and ourselves, played pranks, collected for charity, and amassed a "sea Of Bimotas" possibly the likes of which will never be surpassed....Many thanks to the 16 that contributed their bikes....and to the even larger mass of helpers assisting....Over 30 folk in Total contributing time and effort over the course of 3 full days...and many days before and after sorting bikes to bring...and sorting once back home...Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Thank you Steve. Glad our internet connection is quick with that many photos.

It does start now, after I swapped the carbs (and made up a longer choke cable to go with the slightly different carbs).

All the best

Katy
barnmankit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fantastic effort! After seeing that I'm ALMOST tempted to move back to the UK to join in the scene. You have all done the Bimota brother/sisterhood proud; and I bet if the factory were watching it might have brought a tear to their eyes.
BRAVO!
A shed full of bicycles

"We're each given one small grain of madness - if we lose it, we're nothing." Robin Williams
Les Caddaye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lech,
It appears you forgot something in Sydney, why didn't we have a few additions to drape over our Bims? As for you Brits, I think that is sacrilege to use that magnificent SB4 as a bloody picnic table.

British afficiandos, can you pick the other vary rare Biota out of the Sydney line up?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Les....apologies for not having posted much on your event personally...there are many social media "items" covering the events, both of which are due to this wonderful Forum joining the Bimotisti of the World...I'd have loved to have been at both events.....I and many others are absolutely cream crackered and only just recovering...I personally had 8 bikes to fetch down and back, not all mine you understand...and most of the show paraphernalia gazeebo, chairs, tables, display items etc..and most of the other showing had many many items,bikes, junk etc to sort and bring home again....trying not to mix up rear bike stands is always a hassle...there were so many bikes, even I got lost amongst a few of them trying to locate certain bikes.....

The show organisers messed us around all weekend.....trying to ruin it for us, but being personally my last show, I didn't give a monkeys hoot and stood resolutely steadfast amongst all the crap they threw at me constantly all day...I was just out to show the bikes and enjoy myself, so sod them I thought.....not for on here...don't air my or their dirty laundry in public.....

5 hrs was the limit to break down and remove the stand and everything on it...then they locked the doors....house, all rooms and garage and Sad SAGA accommodation for the other old farts that stayed over is just about shipshape once again....we also lost an hour on Sunday morning due to our silly "Clocks go forward one hour" rule that happened that night...Don't know the MotoGP result of Formula one result either....recorded them but haven't done TV for over a week now...picking up a Bim from overseas prior to the show also...etc etc etc

I've only just figured out that I was the only one on the stand that knew everyone that was showing bikes there, having met them all before...re the SB4 picnic table??...that's just good old British Humour...I've known the owner a fair few years, and he enjoys the crack more than most...or course we did place mats and other protective surfacing under the items...and then meticulously cleaned to a bright new button the surfaces after....We like the crack but moreover...Ahem..Love our bimotas....
Bimota Classic Parts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi congratulation to all the bimota owners of this fantastic bimota bike and to every bimota forum UK mate for largest number of Bimotas ever in UK! as well as many beautiful bikes, we saw a lot of passion and enthusiasm very great effort for the great success of this meeting! Thank you a lot for interest on the Bimota Classic Parts world and in the pretty Baby Bimota YB4. For next year we try to shedule to be present at this important event in UK. And also we hope to meet all the bimotisti mate at one of the big Bimota Classic Parts event for this year. Thank you very very much
P. iva 01084400520
cell. +39 3343686888
tel/fax +39 057821986
e-mail: info@bimotaclassicparts.com
web: www.bimotaclassicparts.com
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all persons who's bikes attended the Show...here are a few alternatives of the winning "Best Club Display" Plaque that can be printed off A5 actual size, and mounted in a frame or on a piece of MDF....Pop down to your local £PoundLand shop...pick up a batch of photographic paper and a picture frame and you're all done....it may cost you slightly more than it did the organisers to buy their versions handed out...but chances are it will look better and not have a chunk missing in the right hand corner....evidently for authenticity, you can just whack the bottom RHS corner with a heavy blunt object...be sure to remove the glass plate first though folks...Safety first. ..
...............................................................................................................

TYPE No. 1...as per Serial No 0001 on my mantel piece

[img]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/stehard/Scan_20170329%205_zps67fdyuym.png~original[/img]
...............................................................................................................

TYPE No. 2 -
[img]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/stehard/Scan_20170329%206_zpsu7j7rmot.png~original[/img]

TYPE NO. 3 - As per Original - Straight Scan - No effects added
[img]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/stehard/Scan_20170329%204_zpspdgntlfr.png~original[/img]

TYPE No. 4
[img]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/stehard/Scan_20170329%207_zpsdiyp7kuu.png~original[/img]

TYPE No.5
[img]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/stehard/Scan_20170329%208_zpsa3xanaee.png~original[/img]

Type No.6
[img]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/stehard/Scan_20170329%209_zpsfogeqoiq.png~original[/img]
Laughing Laughing

Last edited by 2bims on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick "link" to another Forum that attended the show..."UK 2-strokes"...normally one of our "competitors" for Best Club Stand...but glowing words from them on our achievement in dragging so many bikes down to the show and our award...and 3 of their bikes picked up awards also...their highest sweep of awards to date at this venue...Congrats to Norbo and their contributors

http://rdlccrazy.proboards.com/thread/39325/manchester-bike-show-2017?page=1&scrollTo=354612
welshlamb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link not working for me at the mo but I'll check later. Some lovely bikes on their stand and the winning RGV4 was in the van next to mine outside so I added my congrats as he loaded up; lovely detail work!
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Wales for you....Probably a WelshLamb has chewed through the line.....

If anyone wants a Faux Best Club Stand Winners Plaque making and sending, I am prepared to do so for anyone that "showed" on the stand...which is 16 of us....

First one has been dropped off at PaulDB2's house and is resplendent amongst his other awards....

Picture frame size is 17cms wide x 22cms tall....image behind glass is 11.5cms x 17cms tall....Actual size of original plaque....The images are HIGH Res and some 500Mb in file size...and are printed on Gloss photographic paper at High Res also - Strictly Limited Edition.....The High Res Scanned image is SO high Res...you can even make out the damaged corner on the bottom right of the image....just like on the real one....

I will be "knocking" them out at £9.50 each for anyone interested, including postage within the UK...Actual Cost is Just over £2 each to make...and then postage at cost....all residual monies are going to the North West Air Ambulance Service Charity......So please pm me if interested...and let me know whether "Original" colour or one of the alternatives numbered....My time in doing them is donated FOC

I can also offer them in a "black Ash" effect frame....

laminator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note to say 'Thank you' to all the forum members for the signed print for my Dad. I've sent him a photo of the framed print, as he's a silent forum member and has let me bring some of his bikes along with some of mine to the shows. The next parcel that is sent to him will have the print enclosed.

Also, a big thank you to Steve for organising everything and the Bimota bin, etc.

and finally to Katy for cleaning the wheels on my YB8 Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Wine? Cup? Poster?...and the "runner-up" prize award?..>Thinking on...you really did have a full on "Generation Game"...you only forgot the Cuddly Toy didn't you???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: