Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB5R Brembo clutch master gone south?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: DB5R Brembo clutch master gone south? Reply with quote

Has this happened to anyone? My bike has axial gold remote res brembos and the fluid went down to the point that the clutch was mostly inoperable. I topped it up, which usaually fixes these things, but not this time I bled the crap out of the slave, (an EVR) and no joy, I added a bleeder to a he master and beld the shit it of that, and still, if I pull the lever slowly there is no resistance, if I pull it rapidly here is. Holding the lever in then goes soft after a bit.
1965 Triumph T100SC
Weed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you need to buy a seal kit for it
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure its the master and not the slave???????? The slaves are Ducati items and notoriously prone to failing on the seal...thus pump away all you like...all the fluid will end up in your front sprocket casing...and then run down your engine and strip your paint...unless of course you can see it leaking on the master...the brembo stuff rarely goes wrong...ducati stuff...well...so much so that Ducati have discontinued it as a spare....so do yourself a favour and buy an Oberon clutch slave...available in many anodised finishes....or black...or bare silver....cheaper than what was the duc unit...hence Ducati stop selling them...and...its guaranteed for life...AND....the ratios are better for an easier clutch pull...also check clutch lines aren't leaking at the banjos etc etc
SpikeC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 32bims, I have an EVR slave that is not leaking.
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...and then if all olive joints are tight and no signs of leaking...its defo your brembo gold series master piston seal that's gone....not leaking, cos its airtight...and fluid isn't being pumped.....KTM do seal replacement kits for Brembo.....maybe Ducati....but brembo no....theywont take the liability of selling them...if its not a radial brembo master...then upgrade to one....better ratios and feel...lighter pull...uses same res pot and mounting is all you would need to check...and the all important little clutch switch that needs to operate or bike wont start
yb11reno

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the fluid continuing to leak out someplace? Or is the fluid level staying up with the issue being a low resistance pull on the clutch lever? You haven't by chance had the clutch plates out recently have you?
SpikeC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I resolved the issue. It turns out that bleeding the clutch circuit on these Ducati motors can be somewhat problematical. I went through about 10 ounces of fluid before I finally got the thing to work.
I had to push the slave cylinder piston all of the way in, then begin again. That seemed to move the air bubble into a position where it could be evacuated.
1965 Triumph T100SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: