Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB 10 rear master cylinder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: YB 10 rear master cylinder Reply with quote

Having rebuild the rear brake I now find that the master cylinder is not pumping fluid. Having cleaned and rebuild it I'm guessing that the rubber seal is shagged.
I've looked at all my other Bims and it seems that the rear brake master is the same on all of them and stamped 4767. However I can't seem to find any reference to that on line. Anyone know what the brembo ref is per chance. I'm guessing it is a Ducati part also but I want to make sure I order the right repair kit. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Possibly worth giving Motomecca a call:-

http://www.motomeccaspares.com/

All the best

Katy
who

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the cylinder is primed with fluid. If you install it dry the problem you are having (no pump) can occur. I'm sure you know this, but the only thing to clean brake parts with is methylated spirits. Petroleum solvents will destroy the seals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: