Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Light

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the relpies seems some of the links worked! have to say Photobucket seems Sh*t, slow and complex, but we got there. may have to look at something else cos it hacks me off using it, still.
Welsh Lamb, it is the one from Mike Owens, deal took along time, I traded my GPZ750 Turbo against it, great bike sad to see it go. really please with the SB, very very original and un messed with, odd thing is I notice it has a full floating rear disk and a rose jointed tourque arm / rod rather than the mounting plate locating on the swing arm peg as I seen on others, reminds me, need to get new brake lines, anyone know what they off or where to get some?
a south west meet up would be good later in the year, I've only ever seen one other Bimota!
Vort yes it looks complex but its not, only two more parts than Bimotas set up, and that routes wires into the frame / headstock, with no exit ( unless you want to cut a hole in the frame, which I dont!)
Rpo83, I got the indicator units from www.norbsa02.freeuk.com chap called Paul Goff, sells mainly brit bike stuff, but I've used him many times before for LED lights, he's really good, but you can get those units in many places.
rpo83

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed,

the YB5 has a hole in the frame from factory but only the positive wire travels to the globe, earth is from the frame, i posted some pics on your drivetribe post... i put 2 & 2 together and figured out who you were...

For hosting images try flickr, it is free and very fast with great image quality.

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

Congrats on your purchase, always nice to see older model Bimotas.
Regarding your brake lines, Hel Performance (www.helperformance.com) offer a great online service, I have just used them to replace all my DB1 lines. All you need is to measure carefully your line lengths and specify the fittings.

Good luck.
Ed Light

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve if you already got a route out of the frame for the wire, you are home free, standard Bimota items will work no problem, I see there is even a set of mounts for sale on the net. but if you made some up it can be easier than mine, basically use the standard bobbin spacer and just make a special bolt with a spigot on the end to mate with your indicator of choice, hole up the middle and bingo. BTW, what Tyres you guys running on these old Bimotas? 16 inch is a limiter, it's got BT45@s on it and recommendations?
rpo83

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem i have is getting a new indicator to mount on the original Bimota fittings....

I'm getting a local machinist to make me some up... i'll post when it is all done..

Can't help you with 16" tyres as the YB5 has 18's...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
Ed Light

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At long last the DVLA have finally come good and my registration forthe SB4 came through today Very Happy they still made a few mistakes but nothing to serious ( like putting that it was built on new years day in 1984, when the documents I sent them cleary had a different date in 1984, but hey they gotthe right year!)
still it's another one back on the road, which is only a good thing. Runs crap at the moment, needs some serious carb and set up work, but chassis wise it roles around really nice.
anyone know what the rear master cyclinder is off, or what make / model it is? I needto rebuild it or replace it cos it's rubbish right now. I'll also post this in the SB section, but kind of feel I should ask here also as it'll be common to all the Bimotas of this type, even ifthe other do have the "wrong" engine in them Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: