Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Is there still pulse at Bimota in Rimini?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Niels

On the plus side my tesi 3d naked was not made in Rimini , the COC states it was made in Switzerland but assembled in Rimini , the Rimini part I think was only there for the Bimota name part , so they could still be getting made.

On the negative side , the 40th anniversary model was release in 18/8/2014 so they should have really made the 40 bikes by now .

http://www.visordown.com/news/general/bimota%E2%80%99s-only-uk-dealer-open-for-business

What ever the outcome , the chances of getting a Tesi are worth the risk, the naked is a great bike.

On the subject of NOS bikes, some do go cheap BUT Tesi's do seem to hold their price . What ever the outcome of the factory they are a design icon !!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All fair points...hopefully thedealer you have lodged your deposit with is fully liquid and not in trouble..Dont know the rules in Oz...but over here if you have paid a deposit by credit card...the bank only guarantees it for 30 days...after that youre on your own....folk selling Bimotas "rarely" only sell Bimotas...too niche to have as just one make for sale in a dealership...But yeh...Bimota was founded in 1973...so fortieth editions were released in 2013/14...that particular dealer had just the one for sale...quite funny...being a "bimota" the writing on the limited editions was on the Omega plates, in English...but they had spelt "anniversary" incorrectly...radical typical...it said "annivesary" and no...its not written in Italian...as that would be "anniversario"

image of omega frame sticker is here.....

http://motosonlineusa.com/uploads/postfotos/bimota-tesi-3d-40th-anniversary-editionno1-of-only-40-examples-3.JPG
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your deailing with Urban Moto direct then I can only vouch for the outstanding service I've had from them so far.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

image of omega frame sticker is here.....

http://motosonlineusa.com/uploads/postfotos/bimota-tesi-3d-40th-anniversary-editionno1-of-only-40-examples-3.JPG

Wow, that has to be the cheesiest "factory" label I've ever seen. Could have done a better job on my crap computer and mine has a spell check...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh...in the good old days it would have been hand milled into the ally...or an engraved plaque riveted to the tank filler cap aka DB2FE...even the YB11 anniversary model had it milled into the top yoke and painted...this though...is just a sticker.... Crying or Very sad

YB11...milled and infilled with paint

http://www.philaphoto.com/imageLibrary/displayimage.php?album=1131&pos=4

struggling to find a good image of the DB2FE but its a plaque glued to the top of the dummy alloy filler cap set in the tank/seat unit....maybe not many people want to photo the "serial number"....
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB2EF plaque
[img][/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...the good old days....Did it bring a tear to your eye Paul having to post that? Far better than the "sticker" used on the Tesi to be sure...Some corrosion around a couple of those bolts though...would have expected you to change them out for Marine Grade SS.... Laughing
niels550

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djt77, yes it's UM. That's what gives me faith.

Good to hear that there are no issues of supply with the 2 valve air cooled engined.

Fingers crossed all will go to plan and delivery is slated for May.

40th anniversary in 2014? Too funny because until recently, they were advertising it on their website.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bimota Rimini website hasn't changed in years...still shows models that they aren't and cant build anymore...Don't believe everything you see on the internet....

Last edited by 2bims on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
DB2EF plaque
[img][/img]

Where is one when its needed for the Big show in 10 days time??
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes....there is still life as in activity and not in photography!

MariaElena is tirelessly sending out parts orders and stuff.....Valter has left the buildings...so I do not know who is handling sales
...and the overall management appears to be (mis)handled by the Swiss owners .

There was talk in the US of a Bimota bond issues but unsure how likely that is ....almost as crazy as a Trump presidency.....ohh..hang on!

There was meant to be a finance update in London at the turn of the year...2017.....but all went quiet

Send all your good wishes to MariaElena as she seems to be turning on the lights every day

Regards

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
niels550

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin,
Thanks for the heartening news. I specifically wanted the air cooled variant hence my choice of the 3d Naked. So there may be a faint thread of a pulse in Rimini yet.
The promised date of delivery here in Australia is mid May, I am told delays are due to awaiting for parts from suppliers.

I'm hoping for more and possibly good news when I get home at the end of the month.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Tesi 3d was not actually made in Rimini but Switzerland according to the Euro COC , or it did also say it was assembled in Rimini , but I assume . that was purely for the homologation being held by Bimota Rimini so saving a hold load of cash on having it retested.
Therefore activity in Rimini may or may not effect the Tesi 3d.
niels550

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I received pictures of the build. Curiously the frame and swing arms are black. I'll post them here if I knew how.[/img]
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures.

Load to online host, then press Img button, paste url for online picture and them press Img* button again.

So you will have something that looks like this.

[img]Your URL address here[/img]

or just copy above and insert your URL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: