Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

My Bimotas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laminator wrote:

Aprilia RS250 - 2.5k miles, original everything Smile A 2 stroke, I've ordered some Motul 2T 710 oil, as I've been told it smells the best.

Drool...

All the best

Katy
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That is a thing of beauty.. You crossing to the dark side Lammie ?? Laughing
laminator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers,

Maybe Vort.........thought I'd dip my toe in the water, so to speak. I've always liked the TZR250 3MA (reverse barrel) and started looking to get an idea of prices, etc. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, this Aprilia came up in great condition, with all the books/paperwork, full tool kit, original panels/paint/stickers. I wasn't going to buy it, but a few beers on a saturday night soon changed my mind.

I've been working flat out for months and decided to treat myself. Trouble is I'd still like a TZR 3MA or 3XV, if I get that I should really get an RGV and NSR to complete the set. Then 500cc RG, RD, Vdue.......oh my, what have I started.

I began with a single FZR400, then collected a couple more 400's....
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aprilia is a thing of beauty though.
Got a picture of Mrs Vort sat on the Raggiani Rep variant back in 1995 ish , always fancied one since then , the RS250 that is , unfortunately got Mrs Vort instead !! Laughing

Reverse cylinder TZR , now you talking !!!! Was never really a 2-stroke person, had a RGV back in 1990ish but was not that impressed . But since the vdue must be the oil fumes and the ring ting ting , Just messes with your head !!!

Be warned, you have started something now !! Shocked
JRH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my Vdue rode as well as my MC28, it would be a stunning bike.......seriously looking at putting my spare engine into an NSR frame, put it on Zeeltronics, it would be stunning!
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I updated this. The Aprilia arrived, all good. Not taken it out yet, but soon.

I cannot ride at the moment due to a problem with my nerves in my neck.

Here's the RS

I've also got myself a cheap 3D printer and have been making a few bits for myself.

A new fusebox holder for the YB7. I've printed it in plastic (that's the only material I have at present). As the old one was rubber I redisgned the front to be detachable, so the wires can be fed through and then clip on the front.

The underseat cable to the back lights was always hanging down when plugged in. I used to use a cable tie but it was a pain to cut it off to remove the seat cowl, so I printed a new cable clip.

vort28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice !! Very Happy

And the RS not bad either Shocked
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those RS250's ... not quite enough to buy one Wink

What do you use for 3d printing software ... it should be something I could do if I had the inclination
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RS is lovely. Can't wait to take it for a good clearout to be honest. It'd be nice to actually manage to do a few miles on a bike. The Docs reckon I've ripped the nerves in my neck, that's causing pain in my shoulders and arms.

I use solidworks to create the 3D model. I used autocad (in 2D) when I was a draughtsman so got an idea of drawing in CAD. Then started playing with 3D models and solidworks. The software that is free to download, and came on a memory card, is called 'CURA'. This takes the .stl file from solidworks (or other cad programs) and converts it to the 3D print file (.gcode). Including adding internal honeycomb fill.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need someone to give the RS a run I will help you out !! Very Happy
Always fancied one myself also , but never get around to it either like EC.

I to should really get into 3D printing. Have used industrial ones in the past but never the home type. Which one you got Lammy, now you used it what would you buy if you had chance again ?
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a wanhao i3, they are around £300. You can buy kits to biuld them yourself and there are several models available.

I went for this one because it can do many different filament materials (PLA, ABS, PVA, Stainless Steel, NinjaFlex, Nylon, HIPS, Woodfill, LayBrick, CopperFILL, BronzeFILL, MOLDLAY, Conductive, Carbon Fiber, Polyurethane plus more!), also this has a nozzle of 0.4mm.

The downside to this printer, and all cheaper models, is that you have to level the bed before every print. Which is easy to do, just adjust the thumb screws until the nozzle just traps a sheet of paper. Expensive versions will auto level the bed.

The thing I like about these is that they are open source and many people 'mod' them. There are many upgrades if required. I've purchased a glass print bed for £10 that makes it easier.

There is a website ( http://www.thingiverse.com/newest/page:1 ) that you can download predrawn models.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laminator wrote:
The RS is lovely. Can't wait to take it for a good clearout to be honest. It'd be nice to actually manage to do a few miles on a bike. The Docs reckon I've ripped the nerves in my neck, that's causing pain in my shoulders and arms.

I use solidworks to create the 3D model. I used autocad (in 2D) when I was a draughtsman so got an idea of drawing in CAD. Then started playing with 3D models and solidworks. The software that is free to download, and came on a memory card, is called 'CURA'. This takes the .stl file from solidworks (or other cad programs) and converts it to the 3D print file (.gcode). Including adding internal honeycomb fill.

Sounds cool.
I rode the SB6 yesterday .... managed not to freak out a lot telling my to relax and breath. My shoulder isn't comfortable, the trapezoid pulls tight a bit. I went up to Grantham (from London) and spent about 4-5 hours riding
JRH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone needs a stinkwheel.....takes years off you!
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm , you BAD man !!!!

NSR Shocked they do look nice !!
JRH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them so much, I bought another one.....

Tyga MC21, Aprilia front end, quickshifter, digi dash etc.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: