Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Matching frame and engine numbers ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
runesika



Joined: 25 May 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Essex

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vort !

My now common Bimota mismatched bitsa is chassis 222 , engine 271 ☹️
I have just had a big spend on my Bimota as the power valve guides were worn and had to have some made with phosphor bronze , the power valve servo motors had missing teeth and the carbs needed a full strip down .

My dog is very used to noisy bikes and guns and doesn't bat an eyelid when I fire up my ear bleed inducing CBX Turbo but when I started the V Due today it scared the s**t out of it Exclamation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2364
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for some reason I had never seen / read this thread Rolling Eyes ?

Now having done so, I have been suitably entertained. Great thread with lots of info and history from Vdue owners and past owners.

Should we start a world wide appeal for Vdue owners to sort out their shit and swap engines to get their numbers matching Rolling Eyes Laughing
_________________
Current rides - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Track Bike, CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2364
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Vdue's at the Classic TT were fun, and the fact that 2 vdue's were circulating the IOM even made it onto the Manx radio !!
And as it winter a few picture's of summers passed. !!


Great photos Vort. Would have been quite a sight to see the two Vdues together
_________________
Current rides - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Track Bike, CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2364
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

If I was on my "death bed"...something that does come to all us eventually...I'd value the thoughts and memories of having ridden one...be it to the shops, around town...or 5 fun filled days at the TT when myself and Vort both took our Vdues over...this would rate higher than any "value" in a bike that I had never ridden but wanted to....Other than riding theres the sheer fun and consternation of having hoards of people flock around one when on the road or simply filling up with fuel...from one bloke on a Harley that pulled me over just to say he'd never seen one on the road....to a family of 5 in a Vectra , the father of which wound all the windows down at a set of traffic lights and coerced me to rev it up so that him and kids could waft the fumes into their car.....People stand and stare, point open mouthed agag.....are amazed to simply see one let alone one that's used...and often refuse to even sit on it when offered as its "too rare".....in fear of scratching the tank..or being sucked into an addiction they can ill afford save for selling the wife and kids.........Buy, ride and be damned....As long as its a sorted one.... Laughing


I miss 2bims extravagant descriptive stories Crying or Very sad
_________________
Current rides - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Track Bike, CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
2bims



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 4453

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
2bims wrote:

If I was on my "death bed"...something that does come to all us eventually...I'd value the thoughts and memories of having ridden one...be it to the shops, around town...or 5 fun filled days at the TT when myself and Vort both took our Vdues over...this would rate higher than any "value" in a bike that I had never ridden but wanted to....Other than riding theres the sheer fun and consternation of having hoards of people flock around one when on the road or simply filling up with fuel...from one bloke on a Harley that pulled me over just to say he'd never seen one on the road....to a family of 5 in a Vectra , the father of which wound all the windows down at a set of traffic lights and coerced me to rev it up so that him and kids could waft the fumes into their car.....People stand and stare, point open mouthed agag.....are amazed to simply see one let alone one that's used...and often refuse to even sit on it when offered as its "too rare".....in fear of scratching the tank..or being sucked into an addiction they can ill afford save for selling the wife and kids.........Buy, ride and be damned....As long as its a sorted one.... Laughing


I miss 2bims extravagant descriptive stories Crying or Very sad


Such nice words Bri.....so much so it may convince me to return...for guest appearances, and the like....Been busy doing a few things...mending a few bridges...taking care of old folk and the like...One such mended Bridge, is with my brother...who first got me into this "biking lark"...but doesn't do it himself no more...but without such I wouldn't have got to meet all you nice folk out there...he's currently looking for sponsors for his cycle ride from Manchester to Blackpool...for Christies Hospital...who looked after my Mother before her untimely passing from Cancer...Should anyone feel inclined to sponsor him...they can do so here...and they take paypal also...

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dawsonhardy

And in return if anyone needs any help....Workshop manual etc etc...I'll gladly oblige
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2364
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Wink
_________________
Current rides - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Track Bike, CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Oct 2007
Posts: 370
Location: Stafford, UK

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runesika wrote:

My dog is very used to noisy bikes and guns and doesn't bat an eyelid when I fire up my ear bleed inducing CBX Turbo but when I started the V Due today it scared the s**t out of it Exclamation


Years ago I remember following my father through Wales. Him in a car and me on a 125cc Aprilia. Not going quickly at all. But the sheep were oblivious to the car noise but freaked at the 2 stroke bike noise.

brian wrote:
Should we start a world wide appeal for Vdue owners to sort out their shit and swap engines to get their numbers matching Rolling Eyes Laughing


Things like that probably do happen. A relative of mine had a rather old unusual car. They knew the original engine for it lived in another car in Switzerland.

All the best

Katy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

The Bimota Forum has no official connection to Bimota S.p.A.. We just ride or are interested in their motorcycles and support the brand. All trademarks are acknowledged