Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB10 Brake discs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimyb10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: YB10 Brake discs Reply with quote

Hi all,
anybody know where to get new discs for yb10?
bike's been off road for a couple of year's, just starting to get it back together - last MOT advised on too much play in floating discs so hence request.
previous search found that may be same as Ducati 888 corse, anybody know if this is true or same as any other bike?
alternative found wavey discs listed (@ very good price) from blackshadow in wales, but not sure of quality - any comments
br Paul
http://blackshadow-uk.com/Bimota.aspx
oily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard mixed reports on these......
chinese quality......
billet centres and stainless bobbins....
The price is right so you pay your money and you takes your chance Laughing
bimyb10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oily,
thanks for quick reply.

wavey discs are not my prefered option, just seeing what is available until I find out where to get originals, or what other bikes they were fitted too, and of course what price.

br Paul
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a pair of new Brembos, they did about 300 miles on my SB6.

Cost me £330 yours for £220 + post.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you ditch the Brembo's and what are you using now ?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told the originals would fail the MOT and I had to replace them. I was sceptical so when I went to pick the bike up I asked for the original disks which were found.
I sent them to Stealth for an assement and they replaced the spring washers which stopped the rattling (although they can still move) so they're back on the bike, leaving the new ones surplus.

These disks have a certain amount of movement built in due to the iron rich outers, there's a specific mention on the MOT testers website. They're fine if they travel left to right but forward back is a no,no. You have be sure the carriers aren't worn you can't replace them apparently.
philfingers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to find a MOT friendly place, somewhere that understands 'floaters'.
I was told my Ducati Superlight (which uses identical discs and calipers to the YB11) would fail due to excessive play (it had 20k on the clock). So I took down my YB11 which at the time had 700 dry miles on the clock. There was little between the two, nothing that you would need a mic' or vernier to measure. Basically to show the tester that's how they are from new and he accepted that. You can replace the bobbins and clips etc but the alloy centre carrier is the first part to wear anyway.
You can buy them from the states for sensible prices. Have a search of the duactisportingclub forum for more details
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
bluedog59

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a bit of an old thread but if you're still looking Spondon do discs to fit. Nice bits of kit.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: yb doscs Reply with quote

I seem to remember that my that my MOT place told me the discs being rattly and having some play in the bobbins does not constitute a specific part of the mot. Usually its down to tester ignorance about fully floaters and they think that if it rattles it must fail somehow or they just want to sell you some more (hmmmmm cynicism creeping in there Evil or Very Mad )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: