Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New bb1 owner.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biglav

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: New bb1 owner. Reply with quote

Hi.
Just joined the forum. I have just bought a bb1 from a friend.
Does anyone know how many are actually in the uk ?
Probably not a wise purchase as I am 6ft and just shy of 16 stone.
But I like a challenge.
I have already modified the foot rest and made new lowering plates to give 40mm extra leg room and that has made a very big difference.
The bike has not been run for a considerable time so have given it a full fluid change engine, brakes.
New battery fitted and started immediately.
I can honestly say that from a servicing point the machine is one of the worst laid out bikes I have come across. Those amongst you who have changed the oil filter will know exactly what I mean.
It's now road legal and my first ride last night was just a test ride, but I was quietly pleased that the machine is not as bad as some of the reports by some journalists.
I will be out tonight for an extended shake down and to further evaluate its potential. If all goes to plan it will be on the boat to the TT next week, if not the old laverda will be pressed into service.
Regards
Big lav.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.
On the boat to the TT next week after a long lay up !!! You passed the test , definitely mad !!! Welcome to the home for the insane .Laughing

BB1 , you either love or hate , personally I think they are gorgeous looking bikes .( but a bit under powered, although definitely one I would still like to own)
Is it a single or twin seat ?

Oh, I'm at the TT also, were you staying ? You there for the Italian night in Port Erin ?
Biglav

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort.
I have just been out for a spirited ride round the lanes trying to get a feel for the bb1.
Did about 40 miles without any problems, the only thing that needed adjustment was my riding style due to the tight steering geometry.
Nothing broke nothing dropped of, so with a few days to go before I leave for the TT I should be dialled in and good to go.

My bb1 is single seat.

The Italian bike night, I will be there all being well, I think it is at port Erin golf club this year and not on the sea front like last year.

Biglav.
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golf club hey ? going up in the world some may say !!!
How long you at the TT , were abouts do you stay ?
I'm there as are a few others off the forum.
I'm in Douglas , JRH is in Port Erin , not sure where Glen stays.

BB1 single seat , great little bikes, had a go on one about 15yrs ago , let it get away Crying or Very sad , one day though, they are great for scratching around.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look out for the "3 P's"....which is where they always post up where the Italian Meet is on the island....They post up at all the places bikers go...namely....Pubs, Petrol Stations...and Pissers...i.e. Public toilets.....so keep an eye out and you'll see the notices
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on a Ducati Forum posted this...but I cant confirm whether right or not...and ominously...he missed putting a Time on it...All Day?? Who knows?

"At the 2017 TT the Italian Bike meeting will be held on June the 6th at Rowany Gold Club (Rowany Dr, Isle of Man IM9 6LN) this is up the top of Port Erin overlooking the bay. In the past it has been really badly promoted and although there have been interesting bikes there no-one ever seemed to know when it was happening !"

Pretty sure I've ridden down this road to the golfclub and beyond.....and recall it being a stone track...Hhmmm...not the best for bikers
Biglav

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: TT. Reply with quote

Well gentlemen, I have just got up and made a brew, I'm of to Liverpool this morning to catch the ferry for this years TT. I first went to the island about 1980. I have been on all sorts of bikes but this year will be the first time on a Bimota. The bb1 I recently acquired has been checked and double checked tested and re tested. I have done everything I can think of but as you know the reputation of this model is not the best but to be honest the bike is growing on me and I am getting used to riding it and I honestly think the bike needs a certain riding style to get the most out of it. It's not Japanese so a lot of people will not get on with it, it's more like riding a tuned British bike of which I have ridden many.

I would just like to wish anyone going to the island a safe trip, please be careful and respect the Manx roads and residents and most of all enjoy.
It's a fantastic place to ride a bike.

Big lav.

Big lav.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe trip Lav.

If you need a pit stop or the BB1 is in need of a few extra spanners after its trip to Liverpool, let me know , I live 15 miles away from the ferry and always willing to help.
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy.....
Biglav

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have just returned from the TT.
The BB1 performed faultless for the 2 week I was there.
I attended the Italian night at port Erin and spoke too only 1 person from the forum (sorry forgot you're name) but most people there had never heard of a bimota BB1 supermono.
I did a good few laps over the mountain and was pleasantly surprised at the performance of the bike, and surprised a few on sports bikes who obviously should have been going quicker and really need to stop having themselves on, there were however some very good pilots who new exactly how to ride.
My only real criticism of the BB1 is the poor lights but I will rarely ride it at night and no doubt if I want too could improve them.

Big lav.
JRH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was yours truly👍
Your BB1 was a lovely bit of kit 🏍
The Italian night was a bit breezy😨
Biglav

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrh, good to have met you at port Erin, as you said very windy.
Not the best TT I have been too given the weather and race delays but enjoyed it. Might return for the southern 100 if time allows. Already booked for Manx.

Big lav.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed you at the Italian night Lav.
Put my DB5 next to the BB1 but you had gone when I got back from the club house.
BB1 looked great, one of the timeless 90's Bimota creations in my eye's, just means the 'want one ' chimp is back on my shoulder now Shocked
Biglav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort28, sorry I missed you.
You're db5 was stunning did not know who it belonged too.
Hope you had a good TT.
Big lav.
Verstaenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: New bb1 owner. Reply with quote

"I can honestly say that from a servicing point the machine is one of the worst laid out bikes I have come across. Those amongst you who have changed the oil filter will know exactly what I mean."

Tell me about it... Two BB1's, two full services for the first time - my god what a task...
Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: