Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Clutch problems. My fault but I'm blaming the dog !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runesika

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Clutch problems. My fault but I'm blaming the dog ! Reply with quote

With the combination of incompetence on my part and a large clumsy Deerhound I've managed to mix up my clutch plate order with my spare clutch .
Does anyone know the correct order or stack height for the VDue ? The manual I have downloaded says six friction and six steels but I have some convex ones and thick and thin steels
Embarassed
I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it but if anyone knows please help !
runesika

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted but only after three attempts .
I used a Ducati 996 friction plate only set from eBay , you get seven plates but only six used in the V DUE .
Started with a steel , then a convex side facing out then friction , steel , etc .
I had some thick and thinner steel plates so brought the stack pretty much flush to the clutch centre , line up the arrow on the pressure plate with the dot and now road tested .
Reading the Ducati forums it really doesn't seem to matter too much what you do ! Some have one convex facing out and finish with one facing in , others only have one .
brian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted. How does the new clutch feel?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
runesika

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , thanks .
It feels as good as a dry crotch sorry "clutch " can , but I'm really not a fan of them .
Feels a little heavy as the springs are preloaded with two washers each ( I don't know if they are like that standard ? ) but otherwise fine and holding full torque top gear runs without slipping .
Only using non sintered 996 plates so I'll see how it lasts .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: