Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB7/8 Saddle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arsenic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: DB7/8 Saddle Reply with quote

Alright, my wolfdog puppy just ate my DB8SP saddle.... (while i was obviously not there), you can imagine how i'm feeling right now so...

Does anybody have a saddle that fit a DB8 ? I need a stock one or i'll have to made one by a professional, wich will cost me a lot.

thanks.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DB8 is still in the Bimote line-up...so I'd suggest emailing or phoning Maria at Bimota...granted they are supposed to bemoving factories this month so communication may be difficult....or BCP in Italy....but they may be dearer than having a one-off custom piece made......OR.....Moto Corse in Japan of Corse....who sell nice hand stitched ones in a variety of colours.....steer clear of suede or leather though....or your dog would more than likely eat it again
arsenic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i've called a Bimota dealer in France, told me that they'll ask them about the saddle but didnt promised any answer since they (bimota) answer completely randomely.
I've reached Paolo Girotti from Bimota Classic Parts, he told me that he'll look for me.

Yeah, i've thought about motocorse, but that's really expensive, from 500 to 800€, it's way too much for a saddle, even if it's handmade, so i'll wait something like 2-3 weeks for an answer from Bimota, if nothing, then i'll contact a pro to make me one handmade too, it'll be probably way cheaper than Motocorse with the same, if not superior, quality.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEst of luck...The last email I sent to Bimota....amongst many...is now closing in on 6 years waiting for a response.......as I've never officially received an email from any I've sent...be it in English, Italian or Swaheli........
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
BEst of luck...The last email I sent to Bimota....amongst many...is now closing in on 6 years waiting for a response.......as I've never officially received an email from any I've sent...be it in English, Italian or Swaheli........

Swahili?! You are one sharp bloke Laughing
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent roughly 8 years living and working overseas.....Did French to high level at school....lived in Peru for 9 months so had to learn Spanish...getting your hair cut is difficult when you cant tell them how much to cut off.....Picked up some Afrikaans and Sesotho from living there for 3 years.....then some Arabic from living and working in Egypt.....Spanish helped out in Chile....then it was off to Belgium so the French helped...then ruddy Poland and had to start again...Got stopped for speeding in all but one of the Countries...Oh...Dubai also....done for speeding there also.....
arsenic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Hahaha ! Don't worry, i have the luck of having a friend who live near Rimini so he'll directly come at Bimota and tell them about my problem !
And what did you do for living ? You've traveled so much, it's incredible !
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest your friend contacts Maria Elena Rozier as she orders and sends out parts.....All parts for All Bimotas are made elsewhere by other companies...and then assembled by Bimota...and she would know who and where to contact to buy a new seat....Work in Construction as a COntracts Manager...Major Projects, Dams, Power Stations, Motorways TV Studios etc etc....Had a view from my offices once of the Great Pyramids of Giza...never tired of that site from my window....
arsenic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I'd suggest your friend contacts Maria Elena Rozier as she orders and sends out parts.....All parts for All Bimotas are made elsewhere by other companies...and then assembled by Bimota...and she would know who and where to contact to buy a new seat....Work in Construction as a COntracts Manager...Major Projects, Dams, Power Stations, Motorways TV Studios etc etc....Had a view from my offices once of the Great Pyramids of Giza...never tired of that site from my window....

Really nice..!

Well, i'll try to reach my friend again and suggest him that, but he told me that they're planning from moving to a new warehouse or something, so ordering may be difficult...
i guess i'll have to hand made the saddle with a pro...!
madmods

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get the db8 seat? I need one too.
arsenic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. I know for a fact that bimota have one in stock, unfortunately they didnt sold me the saddle because they were moving to another warehouse and apparently they've decided to manage their commands only when the last box will be open and everything is clean in their new warehouse...

Sooooo i have to work on the saddle with a professionnal, unfortunately. It'll look great but Will cost way more than a stock saddle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: