Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

A quiet month?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: A quiet month? Reply with quote

Surely not a whole month with nothing on offer?
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty still on ebay UK...all the usual suspects some of which have had a good 2-3 years of hanging around.....BUT......for perhaps only the 2nd time I've seen one for sale direct in the UK....in some 8 years...a DB4 tri-color...albeit an imported one...tidy bike with a tidy matching price...Dealer has made 2 errors in the description of the bike.....so get your eagle eyes out...but it just shows that he doesn't know anything about the bike really....yet may well achieve a sale merely coz hes "a dealer"...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-DB4-5348-MILES-STUNNING-EXAMPLE-/232383286775?
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an "L" twin, not a "V", and it's 904 cc's ? Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both good spots...and correctly identified...although I wasn't quite so picky in picking out those schoolboy errors...Originally he described the bike as having Marchesini wheels and engine from the Ducati 900ss........So I referenced his own pictures saying...Nope...they are Antera Anchor wheels...he replied back...Nope...they have Marchesini written all over them....Thus I said Nope....he must be looking at the YB9 he has for sale also...as these are anteras and I didn't want him mis-leading anyone...and the engine is actually from the 900 Monster as Ducati;s 900ss now had fuel injection...so Bimota took the monster engine that was still a carbie....He didn't reply back...but has now changed the description......clean looking bike that seems to have stood for a while...and yet another import Km clocked vehicle being high priced...
quikduk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This popped up today in Cycle Trader:

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1997-Bimota-YB-11-122648098

It appears too good to be true, there are only 3 pictures, there is no mention of mileage...but it says the seller is in Parker, Colorado and I seem to remember a Bimota owner there that just had a very clean Corse DB2 for sale with a host of extra parts.

Could this bee the same guy?

Don't know why only 3 pictures though and none telling enough. The pictures say that there are 18 so I will root around a bit.

$2,229 Dollars = 1,710.47 GBP / Euro. Seems too cheap. Makes me wish I lived closer because if it was for real, it would be in my garage tonight. Laughing
JackJabba

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he must have missed the 1 off the front of the price.
Bud977

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same photos:
http://raresportbikesforsale.com/category/bimota/page/4/

Is it the same seller or is it a scam? One photo has '12 of 18' at the top so it looks like it's been pinched from somewhere. Be careful.
quikduk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different Bike. Not sure re: any potential scam esp. due to the picture number thing so as always, Caveat Emptor!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: