Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Looking for help from spain - db6
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xarly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:
The Benelli wheel is NOT a straight 'bolt in' alternative BUT is of a similar design and at a fraction of the price.

The bearing size on the TNT wheel is 30mm but they use a sleeve to reduce it down.....you could machine a new spacer to fit the spindle you have,

I have used these wheels until the correct ones are available or at a secondhand price.......buying a single wheel from the 'official outlets' is very expensive.

Bimota do not really answer emails ...they prefer that you go via one of the parts people rather than direct to the factory

I hope that this helps

Gavin

And of ducati?

This is from ducati 1000ss 2004 marchesini, is similar design, but i dont know if is compatible or easy plug and play.

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find any...have a look at Cagiva Raptor wheels....either the 600 or the 1000cc....fairly sure they are the same wheels as used on DB5 and Db6 standard bikes....changing wheels means changes to spindles, spacers, offsets, chain alignment etc etc...Bimota tend to use Oversize spindles on their bikes
Xarly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
If you can find any...have a look at Cagiva Raptor wheels....either the 600 or the 1000cc....fairly sure they are the same wheels as used on DB5 and Db6 standard bikes....changing wheels means changes to spindles, spacers, offsets, chain alignment etc etc...Bimota tend to use Oversize spindles on their bikes

But You recommend the benelli tnt 1130 because it is easier to dock or just because the aesthetics is more precious? For example, are the discs easily attached or do they need to be attached? The ducati tire costs 110e of benelli 190e and I do not know if the work is going to be the same, if it is only to fit the inner bearing I prefer benelli

Sorry for the traduction
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xarly...........the easiest solution can be the best.
Firstly........If your discs are OK and 6 bolt then go with a 6 bolt wheel.
there appears to be 3 options Cagiva, Benelli and Ducati.........for sure Benelli use the biggest spindle bearing sizes and may be better for the Bimota forks.

Secondly if you have the forks but not the discs...the cost of the Cagiva and Benelli wheel should be cheaper than the Ducati...simply due to just needing the spindle machining.

There is NO simple 'Bolts straight in' alternative..that I am aware of....everything needs lining up and spacing...
but the amount of work can be reduced depending on what you have to hand and which is still good from the damaged bike.

Sorry that the answer is not too clear...but ...it is a Bimota.

regards
Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 944/ST2 engined
Cagiva Elefant 888/955 engined
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined

BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (project build with no end)
Xarly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:
Xarly...........the easiest solution can be the best.
Firstly........If your discs are OK and 6 bolt then go with a 6 bolt wheel.
there appears to be 3 options Cagiva, Benelli and Ducati.........for sure Benelli use the biggest spindle bearing sizes and may be better for the Bimota forks.

Secondly if you have the forks but not the discs...the cost of the Cagiva and Benelli wheel should be cheaper than the Ducati...simply due to just needing the spindle machining.

There is NO simple 'Bolts straight in' alternative..that I am aware of....everything needs lining up and spacing...
but the amount of work can be reduced depending on what you have to hand and which is still good from the damaged bike.

Sorry that the answer is not too clear...but ...it is a Bimota.

regards
Gavin

Hi! Good news, i buy this pack from the benelli trk 1130, very cheap

My original bimota front axle gets perfect on this rim, failing to take rest measures of disks (320mm) and spacers

Last edited by Xarly on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Xarly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my bimota db6

[img]http://i67.tinypic.com/nzr.jpg[/img

Last edited by Xarly on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Xarly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: