Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Is there still pulse at Bimota in Rimini?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.............A AMG type or other share injection will not work, as the SWISS only have limited access to manufacturing rights of BIMOTA.

It would be like buying the BEATLES catologue for all songs after 1990.

At discussions it became clear that the current owners only have manufacturing rights for the DB series and the BB3. All other rights are held by a third party...I know not who.

They (the Swiss) were planning to come to London (last Dec 16) to raise funds from investment houses.

Read the prospective/seen the figures but the plan was pulled 24 hours before the meeting.

Last I heard...a religoius bond was being sought in the USA...do not mock it...Eddie Stobbard did the same with 5 million back in the 1980s....

Do not really want to mention religion, as we each have our own and you can easily offend ....but a bond of 15 million dollars was muted.

Nothing has happened...a new CEO to launch the fund was found, but never appointed.....a slow death on the vine seems to be the chosen method.

It is extremely unlikely that any auto based company (car or bike) will buy a name.... although Mondial seem to have done just this with a Chinese company ...on a batch of small cc bikes

There is no Bimota factory, there are no assembly staff, the bikes do not pass Euro 4, the engine supplier is a single source competitor.......the product line is 2 or 3 models at best...all two valve versions.

I cannot see a queue forming anytime soon....but what do I know?

regrds

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an update on moto.it..

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moto.it%2Fnews%2Fbimota-continua-a-vivere-a-rimini.html%2Famp&edit-text=

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arsenic wrote:
....but thats just his words.

Exactly. I don't know any details but from reasoning standpoint - how easy is it to get a German corporation, such AMG to buy 25 % of anything? If AMG made a decision to get involved, it would not do so by simply throwing money at Castiglioni without establishing any sort of requirements. I think this was MB trying to follow in VW steps without committing too much investment or its brand name until they were certain project would succeed. I think the venture failed because of strong difference of opinion oh how the copmpany should be run and its direction. BTW, Hardly Ableson owned MV for a year and lost millions at the time they pulled out.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: