Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6 Pegaso ECU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socpatrick wrote:
Mine is fir Walbro. Sorry.

Will the software you have work on the DB7?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope....DB5 and DB6 and Tesi3D all use Walbro 1....DB7 uses Walbro II....different programmes
Looka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Diagnostic software and cable for DB6 Reply with quote

Im am also in need of the diagnostic software kit for the Delirio with Walbro ECU.

As for the cable, as long as I know the Walbro has a serial connection. The bimota connector should have this scheme.
• Pin 1 not to be connected;
• Pin 2 RS232Rx
• Pin 3 RS232TX
• Pin 4 Ground

I _think_ that a it should work even with a USB/RS232 converter and should be easy to do. I volonteer to try if someone pass me the software, and send back the cable if I succed Smile
Looka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Diagnostic software + cable DB6 Reply with quote

I got both cable and software.
If someone needs them just send a pm.
Quackers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Did you manage to communicate with the ECU?

I'm trying to do the same with Pegaso. I've just received the software & have just ordered the 232 cable..........so will be connecting the ECU to my laptop soon!

It would be good if you could share any lessons that you have learned.
delirio1100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No communication,a rs232 cable does not the trick, at least for me.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant help too much specifically......although I will ask a friend with a DB5Mille with the software who has got it working on a pegaso ecu......with the walbro....ONLY one microsoft programme works.... Indows XP from 2001....nothing newer or older....despite what it says in the workshop manuals....AND....you have to assign Comm 1 port specifically to the cable port for the computer to be able to talk to the ecu
Quackers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Del1100 - Thanks. I've been trying with an RS232 cable using Windows 10. I can 'see' the ECU on my laptop but can't communicate with it to do anything useful, like view the current software version it's loaded with or check TPS settings etc.

I've treble checked that I've connected everything correctly etc. but no luck to date.

I'm in the process of checking with Bimota to see what they have to say. I know that other contributors haven't had any luck when contacting Bimota with this question, but in the absence of anything better to do I thought I'd try anyway..........

2Bims - thanks. If your contact can confirm the Windows XP question and/or or suggest an alternative approach, then that would be great. It'll at least start narrowing down the range of solutions.
delirio1100

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, we really need a solution Sad

My bike runs not well at all, I think the ECU has done a reset somewhen.
When I remember correct, I even tried with XP a while ago.

@2bims did you check with your friend already? Seems like he is our last chance.

@Quackers any responce from Bimota factory?
I did ask in 2016 and got this response:

Quote:
I'm sorry , but for the DB6 you have , even new for you , we do not have
any chance to help you with the diagnostic kit as we do not have it
anymore.
In case of problems with the dash I do not have any chance to sell you a
new one as I do not have available .
Pegaso use to be fir on the earliest db6 to be shortly replaced by the
Walbro ecu .

Basically the problemi s that if you have electronic problems the only
chance to solve them is to replace the whole electric system , wich means
not only dash and ECU but also air temperature and speed sensor and
everything regarding the electronic system .
Quackers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Del1100 - the factory haven't yet got back to me. I note the message that you received, when you asked the factory the same question, with interest. Mmmm.

I may have found someone who knows someone at the factory who might be able to help us communicate with the ECU without telling us that we have to upgrade everything, that's ECU related, on the bike beforehand. I know this sounds a bit flaky, but in the absence of anything better at this point I'm pursuing it as well. I'll let you know as soon as I know anything, or if this source of info turns out to be a dead end.
delirio1100

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I really don't get it why we all are not able to get a connection.
So I cross out that it is a human error, since we all of that problem.

There might be another last solution. I asked the guys at Ignitech (www.ignitech.cz) and one of their ECUs could be used. They would programm it with Hypermotard 1100 data which would have to be finetuned.
That's around 350 Euros.
Johan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have an almost equal problem.
Bought the DB6 with Walbro unit a year ago in Italy, and was running on Zard exhausts. Changed everything back to original, but it runs to rich.
It stays in open loop, do not know if they have changed the mapping in the Walbro.
Who can reset such unit to original mapping?
Quackers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Del1100 – nice work. The Ignitech suggestion may be a decent fallback. Like you, I’ve been doing a bit of work in the background and the factory has taken too long to come back to me so I’m now not expecting anything from them.

One point about the Bimota software. There’s a common view, from those that have been paddling in the Pegaso ECU pool longer than me, that the Bimota tuning & diag software only works with Windows XP. Has anyone ever successfully managed to communicate with the Pegaso ECU using the Bim software on a Windows XP platform, or know of anyone who has?? Nailing this one way or another would be quite helpful.

I’ve recently been in contact with two local Dyno companies. I want a remap as the bike runs very weak and is a sod to start from cold (i.e. it’s a typical DB6 1000 with a Pegaso ECU):

1. One company has seen the bike and tried to communicate with the ECU. They tried for some time, but with no success. They couldn’t understand why and are looking into it. They’ll get back to me.

2. The other company has not seen the bike yet, but I’ve sent them pictures of my ECU and a copy of the wiring diagram. My ECU doesn’t have a serial number on it, or any other unique identifier (other than a very pretty ‘bimota’ symbol) so they can’t properly identify it (other than to say that it’s got a Magneti Marelli casing). They wanted to identify it to see how they can communicate with it and what ECU changes are possible - by dismantling the ECU to look at the chip. Since I don’t have a viable fallback position, and the bike still runs so I’m not in the last chance saloon, I’m not going to agree to do this just yet. I have asked them whether an ECU from a ‘similar’ Ducati could be adapted and remapped i.e. to see if they provide the same answer as Del1100 got from Ignitech.

There’s a post in the DB section about Dynobikes in Malton providing a remap via a PowerCommander for a DB5 with a Pegaso ECU, back in 2015. I’ve spoken to Dynobikes on the off chance that they needed to communicate with the ECU to achieve this, and they confirmed that they didn’t - which is v good news. Before anyone gets too excited about this, I’ve spoken to DynoJet UK who told me that they don’t make a PowerCommander for a DB5 or DB6, so some further investigation is necessary!

That’s as far as I’ve got for the moment. I’m now on the lookout for a Pegaso ECU which can be ripped apart to identify the chip. I’m not expecting much joy, although if anyone has a ‘broken’ Pegaso ECU then I’ll happily take it off your hands. PM me if you have. I’m v happy to pay postage.

If anyone has any other ideas, or is chasing down any other approach, then please share.
delirio1100

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Quackers, I did try with XP and had no success. Maybe I should try again.

You won't believe it, I had my DB6 equipped with a PC V and one Autotune input from one header may years ago!!!
I bought a Hypermotard PC V and it worked. Although there is one trick you should know: polarity of the connector for the injectors need to be changed.
Rode it for a season, then I wanted the second header autotuned as well - mistake! I don't know what happened but from then on, the bike was not running properly any longer.
I did a whole lot of work, cross changed everything, had the PC checked by Dyonjet.

I was fed up and throwed everything out, but the engine still runs very poorly.
Of course, if the Pegaso ECU send faulty signals, the PC cannot compensate that and the bike does not run smooth.
Quackers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Del1100,

Thanks for that. Try again with XP by all means. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. 2Bims (a few posts earlier in this string) seems quite certain that only the 2001 version of XP works. Let's hope that we're lucky enough for you to have the 2001 version........

Re the PowerCommander, I can see why a PC for a Hypermotard would be a likely solution for your DB6 1100. Am pleased you could get it to work, for a while at least! Not so sure about whether it can be made to work for the DB6 1000 though – I’ll need to follow that up. Also, I’m not familiar with the ‘Autotune’ that you’re referring to. Please explain.......and it’s weird that when you reverted to a solution that had worked beforehand you couldn’t get the bike running properly again. Something else must have changed, but thanks for the tip about the polarity change in the event that I go down the PowerCommander V route.

One further point about the DB5 that was fitted with a PowerCommander and successfully tweaked back in 2015, as reported on this very Forum. DynoBikes, who I’ve spoken to, stated that the customer supplied his own PowerCommander although the DynoBikes rep couldn’t remember which version, sadly. If that DB5 owner is still on this Forum, we’d sure appreciate any insider knowledge.

The following fuel management modules seem to be readily available for the DB6 (I did a v simple search and was surprised to find so many, so haven’t looked any further at this point):
- DM Pro Bimota DB5 DB5R S DB6 R Power Module Programmable Control Unit – made in Italy as far as I can see.
- Additional Control Unit Power Module Memjet Evo Bimota DB5 R S DB6 - Italy (looks to be linked with DM Pro above)
- Bimota DB6 Delirio MAGNUM Dyno-Boost Motorcycle Performance Chip – USA
- EVO-Tech-Performance-Controller-REMOTE-Delirio – USA (looks to be linked to MAGNUM above?)
- Jetprime Programmable Power Module ECU Commander Bimota DB5 /R /S, DB6 /R - Italy

Do you, or does anyone else, have any knowledge, or first-hand experience, with these?

Finally, have you got any further with Ignitech? I’ve sent you a related PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: