Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota V Due for sale - ebay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrobin911

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Bimota V Due for sale - ebay Reply with quote

HI -I bought this from forum memeber matty82 18 months ago. Bike running well an now up for sale on ebay. If any interest from this forum let me know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152725686045?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
BOFFER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. The bike looks great and good luck with the sale. Having been a fuel injected Vdue owner in the past the only 2 things I woud recommend you add to the advert are as follows:
1. Is it road registered or will the new owner need to register it with DVLA unless they plan to track day only with it going forwards.
2. The clocks are in kilometres and if sold in the UK it will need MPH clocks. Can be converted but I think Piero still has a stock of old MPH clocks if required.

I hope this helps and good luck with the sale. There seems to be about 3 or 4 for sale at present which is somewhat of a rareity in the vdue world.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOFFER wrote:
Hi there. The bike looks great and good luck with the sale. Having been a fuel injected Vdue owner in the past the only 2 things I woud recommend you add to the advert are as follows:
1. Is it road registered or will the new owner need to register it with DVLA unless they plan to track day only with it going forwards.
2. The clocks are in kilometres and if sold in the UK it will need MPH clocks. Can be converted but I think Piero still has a stock of old MPH clocks if required.

I hope this helps and good luck with the sale. There seems to be about 3 or 4 for sale at present which is somewhat of a rareity in the vdue world.

As for the clocks needing to be in mph....No...that is not necessary as the bike is over 10 years old...it would only need an MOT...and a working speedo or even a speedo being present is not required...it isn't illegal to not have a speedo...its only illegal to speed....If it was to be reg'd as NEW...then Yeh....it would need a VOSA test AND a UK mph speedo...

Re registration......Has it been NOVA'd in the UK????? If not theres an issue....as it appears the bike has never been registered in the eu and as such would need first tax of new registration to be paid...as in VAT of 20% on purchase price
BOFFER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good points 2 bims and thanks for clarifying. I just remember when I bought mine from Piero it came with KPH clocks but he sent MPH clocks as well along with different headlight and on that basis I managed to register it as a brand new bike on an 06 plate. I know those rules have changed now though and they cant be registered as new bikes anymore and will need to go on an aged related plate. I did pay the 20% vat on mine but luckily the purchase price wasn't too bad in 2005 with favourable euro rate of one and a half to the pound. Someone may want it as a track bike or living room ornament of course.
Was it you that told me about the one at Sheffield that looked like it had been down the road ? I am losing my memory in old age.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may have been me...or otherwise Vort.......Think bikes can still be regd "new" if they are low low mileage and no evidence of ever being road regd in the EU before...think 6000kms is the limit...and to be fair...if you were paying 20% vat...you'd probably want to proudly show it on a new reg plate and not age related one...each to their own.....Mine was first regd some 3-4 years ago...but was effectivey new...but I went for a 97 plate...It helps on insurance if vehicle is over 15 years old as it then classifies as being a Classic...
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOFFER wrote:
Was it you that told me about the one at Sheffield that looked like it had been down the road ? I am losing my memory in old age.

Think that was me.

Interesting fact - When I was new to the registering game with the vdue , I put it through an MSVA along with my Santamonica.
Santa struggled to pass emissions and then it came to vdue. I started it up , and although it said 2-stroke on the paperwork the tester had not read it. One seeing it smoke he asked it 2-stoke , ' Yep' , 'Oh our machine can not test 2-stroke ' !!! , great I thought. So after the game of getting Santa to pass I said , ' that's a fail then ? ' , ' No , if we can't test it , then it passes ' !!!!
So technically I guess a vdue could still by-pass current emission regs , if anyone was mad enough to try to register one new. Shocked
BOFFER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vort, yes the only reason I ASK ABOUT Sheffield is that its back for sale again with the same dealer, at 4 grand more !! Mileage same so not ridden since of course.
As for the VOSA test, I had the same experience. Took it to the Manchester test centre, it wouldn't start when I got there. He said no problem as your exhausts are stamped up already and its a 2 stroke so our machine doesn't test those, so its passed !!
Job done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: