Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1995 SB6 In USA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: 1995 SB6 In USA Reply with quote

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/mcy/d/1995-bimota-sb6/6333405136.html

Over 11k miles
Asking $7k

Thoughts?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mk1 with a resprayed cut fairing
Falcolion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bike been for sale on and off for quite a while. I am not sure what seller means by "gone thru" but hopefully mechanically it's ok. Cosmetics on the other hand is a different matter. Even in these small pics you can see left side fairing is somewhat messed up a bit. I think right one has similar problem but to a lesser extent. Color combo is nice but the bike would need a good re-spray anyway. Belly pan bottom front also looks like it needs attention. If I remember correctly, while back seller had better pics and there were some spider cracks in the fairing.

So, in my opinion it's not a $7000 machine. Obviously seller has OBO clause.

I been following this bike for a while and would have been probably be interested in it before if the price would much lower.

Now I got way too many bikes.
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2007 Aprilia RSVR Bol D'Or
2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to look at this bike several years ago when I was trying to pick up my first Bimota. Seller described the bike as almost perfect. When I arrived at the guy's house I found the bike sitting on the side of his house under a tarp. The ank was out and sitting on a barstool next to the bike. Seller told me he was doing a tune up hence the bike was apart. Think I offered him around $3-$4k but the seller balked. I hightailed out of there pretty quickly, lest the seller would have changed mind and accepted my offer.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimotas and their owners aren't always dissimilar from "general" bike owners...in that from time to time...ones persons interpretation of "perfect" and "as new"....is just that...one persons......and only one...having many blurred focus pictures of "riding bike" and not close ups speaks volumes also...I like it when people take close-ups of bar ends, footpegs and tyres...so you can see if its ever been down....and then I ask for more pictures before considering viewing or buying
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairing is a NONE standard SB6 one , its split in the purple zone half way up. SB6 fairings are one piece. Now there was a company/person that made these fairings as an easy way to service the bike , but that means he either has the original wrapped up for safe keeping or its been binned and that was the only replacement he could get at a reasonable price !! Now as the complete bike is none standard colours, based loosely on an SB7 , I will let you make your own mined up about why it needed a new fairing and a complete re-spray.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
I will let you make your own mined up about why it needed a new fairing and a complete re-spray.
Why Stu, was my story not too clear about the quality (or lack of) of this bike? Confused
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: