Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota factory closed for good
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
....so someone should call them and tell them Bimota is for sale....offers of 1.50 euros upwards.....

Bitch !!! Shocked
vort28

2bims wrote:
....so someone should call them and tell them Bimota is for sale....offers of 1.50 euros upwards.....

Bitch !!! Shocked
vort28

2bims wrote:

Bitch !!! Shocked
Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tata did wonders for Land Rover and Jaguar.
I know they are shopping for another brand (cars) right now.

Mainly they are looking for a volume seller, but maybe Bimota could be a feather in their cap.
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:
Tata did wonders for Land Rover and Jaguar.
I know they are shopping for another brand (cars) right now.

Mainly they are looking for a volume seller, but maybe Bimota could be a feather in their cap.

Hmm , Sorry will have to pull you up on that.
Tata have no influence on the profits made by JLR other than the books being done under Indian tax rules ( possibly) . JLR was turning the same sort of % profit whilst owned by Ford . Ford however needed money during the financial crash so sold off anything that was not nailed down . At the time Volvo , JLR and Aston Martin were all making money and could be sold for a healthy sum very easily.
Ford's financial position improved before the sale of JLR completed . Ford tried to stop its sale of JLR to TATA as it no longer needed the cash injection but it was to late as the legals were to far down the line.
Jaguar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsure about the profits, but the product sure seems a lot better then when Ford owned them....
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:
Unsure about the profits, but the product sure seems a lot better then when Ford owned them....

Just goes to show you, its all about the benjamins. Ford brought the Jag back from almost the non-living first with the X300 4.0L and then XK8 and the X308 model line. There was a healthy influx of cash into R&D, and under Ford Jaguar seemed to get a handle on the QC gremlins. Now, if Ford would suddenly become interested in motorcycles and then there's the Bimota just sitting there... well, one can dream can't he?
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
ChriDB7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates from italy:
Some newspapers reported the official release of the Bimota posted on Facebook.
In fact, nothing new that you did not know.
Regarding my personal experience, I phoned several times in Bimota,to get plexiglass information for my db7. A very nice girl has always responded to me that she is very fond of looking for the article, obviously not within the company (as the warehouse is as if it does not exist anymore), but through dealers.
From his words anyway, I understand that in Bimota are stopped without production or warehouse. but I'm in the new stable. There is nothing known about how it will end
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read an article by a former employee at Piaggio that Aprilia is heading the same way as Bimota but for different reasons. It appears that Aprilia has fallen victim to cross branding and unfortunately for the brand it's name is now widely applied to inferior products produced by other Piaggio divisions. I'm extremely disappointed as I've been searching for a Tuono. I have come across on forum posts complaining about poor dealer support and parts avalability (sound familiar?) from Aprilia. What the hell is going with the Italian motorcycle industry? Is anything sacred?
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
arsenic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Aprilia will doing fine, it's a brand who make lovely bikes to ride, always liked their motorcycles and engine...
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Aprilia have struggled with dealer support since the late 90's early 2000's.
Their RSV4 has won WSB championships , always gets a stonking review etc but always seemed to struggle to sell as people concerned about dealer support etc I guess, obviously a legacy from the big V-twin RSV days when there success overwhelmed there support I think.
Real shame .
arsenic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
I think Aprilia have struggled with dealer support since the late 90's early 2000's.
Their RSV4 has won WSB championships , always gets a stonking review etc but always seemed to struggle to sell as people concerned about dealer support etc I guess, obviously a legacy from the big V-twin RSV days when there success overwhelmed there support I think.
Real shame .

I think it's the most common problem among italian brands... dealer support, except for Ducati, is almost inexistant... Benelli, Aprilia, Mv Agusta, Morini, Guzzi, Bimota... so many lovely brand and such a shamefull dealer support...
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant speak for all of the Brands....but generally...although it may not have been intended...its more normally a case of shameful Factory support rather than Dealer Support....I know a few dealers that have dealt with Bimota...and other brands, Aprilia etc...and got burnt when it comes to Warranty repairs not being refunded....Bimota is notorious for not providing Test bikes, or even leaflets to hand out...let alone covering Warranty repairs....its a big risk for dealers to shell out IN FULL for new bikes to have them brought over...and then try and sell them to a doubting public...concerned about Warranty validity, spares availability, reliability, resale values etc etc...and lets be frank...whenever "Bimota" make a press release its never convincing nor reassuring...Cloud Cuckoo and Never never Land are where their comments are more valid...

I know dealers bitten in the early 2000's and ones in 2015 onwards...neither would try again with Bimota...once bitten twice shy

Theres that "wonderful" EU law that says car/bike manufacturers have to continue spares availability for up to 10 years after ceasing to manufacture a certain model.....with Bimota...well....even bikes made last year now have Zero parts availability....2 years after the DB10 was manufactured, Bimota still didn't have the programme written to investigate the Athena ECU's being fitted to them.........
arsenic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why i think it's best that thoses brands should be bought by a huge car maker, like Mercedes to provide money AND seriousness, just let the italian do the design and the engine, give them money to make them reliable and the rest should be done by german people...

That would reassure everyone and give the opportunity to the italian brand to exist and be successfull, but that's just my opinion.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aprilia have done well to last this long.
Anyone remember the RS125 plastic big ends fiasco?
New RSV's being fitted with new, replacement engines due to a "manufacturing fault not associated with Aprilia"?
Minimum 8 week waiting time for parts from Italy in the summer whilst the factory got ready for /took / recovered from the Italian national holiday?
I watched a customers 4 week-old RSV Mille being jet-washed and losing all it's decals. My how we laughed.
Not sure what they have to offer now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: