Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota factory closed for good
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Bimota - just my luck that I am going to the Milan show in November and probably won't see any Crying or Very sad
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see any last year and there will be a couple of other bikes there, it's Milano afterall.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I could go visit Pierro and see lots of Bimota's......... Very Happy
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where abouts is that ?
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piero ( vdue fame) is in Meda , about 40 minutes away from Milan airport.
He has at least 1 of every Bimota ever produced , and probably ones you never even knew existed.

Been there a few times , place blows you away, all in a small unit behind a block of flats, and all for his own pleasure, although he was trying to start a museum .

Bloke is seriously connected . Has a Randy M Cagiva 500 on the stairs, a HB4 moto2 in his office , daughter has a Hannespree Tenkata ex Johnny Rea WSB CBR1000 as a track bike , everywhere you look there is stuff that money just can't buy !!
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His first road bike was a Ducati 851 and was on display at the top of the stairs leading to Bimota heaven.
His current ride at the time of my visit was a Triumph Thruxton Shocked
To his credit, he does admire things of beauty...............

Very Happy
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:
I cringe when I hear people lament the absents of three pedal manual sports car in the name of "involvement"

I have an MX5. I deliberately bought one with a 6 speed gearbox to play tunes on the gears and play with the clutch. Selespeed type manual gearbox might change gear quicker, but I am left sitting there waiting for it to do its thing rather than doing something to help.

But then I also like 125 2 squeak bikes!

Tirefriar wrote:
Just read an article by a former employee at Piaggio that Aprilia is heading the same way as Bimota but for different reasons. It appears that Aprilia has fallen victim to cross branding and unfortunately for the brand it's name is now widely applied to inferior products produced by other Piaggio divisions. I'm extremely disappointed as I've been searching for a Tuono. I have come across on forum posts complaining about poor dealer support and parts avalability (sound familiar?) from Aprilia. What the hell is going with the Italian motorcycle industry? Is anything sacred?

Piaggio pretty much killed Gilera. Shut the factory as the scooter market picked up, killing off their actual bike brand. They did come up with a bike to be badged Gilera using a GSXR600 engine but they dumped that idea.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do the same to Aprilia (who were a big maker themselves, before getting caught out by the crash of the Italian scooter market).

Aprilia have never been good for spare parts (I bought my first AF1 in 1989 - was easiest to get engine parts from the Rotax importer).

GeeKay wrote:
Aprilia have done well to last this long.
Anyone remember the RS125 plastic big ends fiasco?
New RSV's being fitted with new, replacement engines due to a "manufacturing fault not associated with Aprilia"?
Minimum 8 week waiting time for parts from Italy in the summer whilst the factory got ready for /took / recovered from the Italian national holiday?
I watched a customers 4 week-old RSV Mille being jet-washed and losing all it's decals. My how we laughed.
Not sure what they have to offer now?

The RS125 big end bearings are not a major issue, but the mains are not the longest lived. There are plastic gears driving the balance shaft and these are a service item. They also use a plastic gear on the water / oil pump drive, but this is quite common (eg, NSR125). But then they are designed for a silly amount of power, and then sold to learners who fail to maintain them on a budget.

Not laquering the transfers has been an issue of theirs since the start Evil or Very Mad

All the best

Katy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh! - I feel short-changed
Very Happy
my MX5 has only 5 gears.........
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
ooooh! - I feel short-changed
Very Happy
my MX5 has only 5 gears.........

Pay the extra road test and buy one with a 6 speed box!

Katy
ChriDB7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gpone.com/it/2018/01/08/news-prodotto/una-cordata-usa-per-bimota-obiettivo-la-pagani-delle-moto.html
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and in "ingleesh"....

New rumors about the future of Bimota. After the news about a new failure that we wrote a few months ago, following an article by Bruno de Prato published on CycleWorld, now comes the voice reported by YesterBike.it that lights up a new hope about the fate of the famous brand of Rimini.
According to the confirmations we collect, there is a US investment fund interested in acquiring the Bimota brand. This fund is very close, among others, also the former general manager of the same Bimota from 2005 to 2012, Piero Canale.
Canale, which left the Bardahl brand about three months ago, is close to the group of lenders and among them there is an Italian manager, resident in London and a great fan of Bimota (as well as a friend of the same canale), and is interested to enter the affaire acquiring shares of the factory with the consortium that in fact would become Italian-American.
"The intention is there - stated the same Canale - and also the group of entrepreneurs ready to close the operation, which could end soon, but to deal with the acquisition we must await the conclusion of the dispute between the engineer Comini and Swiss entrepreneurs Marco Chiancianesi and Daniele Longoni to establish ownership, but we - specifically Canale - would prefer to deal with Comini, the one who was the legitimate owner.
But if the judge were to agree with the Swiss?
"However we will make our proposal, but we must assess some situations, first the debts left.In addition to this we must understand what we are going to buy, since in fact the company has been emptied, but we will still make our proposal to detect the brand and what's left of it. "

How do you imagine the Bimota of the near future, should it go back to making bikes?
"I see the Bimota as the Pagani of motorcycles: small series, 300 bikes a year, with quality craftsmanship.I will propose again the Tesi, buying components from foreign suppliers, but firmly remaining that I see it more as an icon of the brand. practical I see a product in line with the image Bimota: the idea is that of a sports bike with a Kawasaki engine (the ZX-10RR), with ready and reliable components, but the chassis would remain Made in Italy. "
What would be the biggest challenge, beyond the financial outlay?

"There would be a great deal of work to do, first of all renewing the image of the brand that with the past management has suffered some backlash, recreate a serious customer service, give an image of reliability and quality.It will not be an easy job, but we are ready to leave.."
To learn more about the matter, however, you will have to wait for the judge's decision regarding the legitimate ownership of the Rimini house brand. Until the sentence therefore, everything will inevitably remain still closed
ChriDB7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, it's just a publicity stunt for Piero Canale.

The last rumors I heard here in Italy report that there are some nerdy people, but you do not know who I am and the negotiations will go long.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sounds very typical of "Bimota" and Italy I'm afraid.....Only in Italy could there be a dispute who actually owns the company and the rights to the Bimota name.........A couple of years ago I heard that the Swiss Owners had merely "leased" the factory and the name and product....and such rights were only for bikes from the DB5 onwards...all previous rights to previous bikes made, designs etc...were owned by another who previously bought the rights to Bimota SpA....up to SB8/Vdue/DB4...and that the swiss had leased the company.
It SHOULD....be very easy to merely read the contract of bill of sale to ascertain the truth....amount paid would help....if they had paid Millions of Euros.....surely it was the purchase of the brand....if only so much per year or 100,000 euros...then lease....aside from any written terms.....The rights to BSA were sold to an Indian company a couple of years ago for £2-3million...and that's for a company that hadn't made bikes for 40 years...it was just for the name...no factory, parts or workers....just the right to use the name and rebuild existing designs at the time....
arsenic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.
This show to us that we won’t see any new bimota bikes soon...

I wouldn’t see the point of a new sport bike with the zx10r engine, i mean, what it would offer more than the actual BB3 ? It’s not inherently bad but i don’t see the point.

They should make a new « neo retro » bike, a huge adv like the multistrada and a new sport bike with the panigale engine. They would touch much more customers imo.
ChriDB7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, being Italian myself and living close to both the bimota and the bimota classic parts...

The Bimota will no longer be open (at least, within a short time).
The property is not even Italian, and the time of bureaucracy is very long with the times.

I believe that Bimota Classic Parts will buy the current spare parts warehouse (they do not have many stocks)
and through local companies and artisans, will try to create spare parts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: