Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

A mate has just bought this stunning YB11...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpo83

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: A mate has just bought this stunning YB11... Reply with quote

A mate of mine has just joined the fraternity.

He has just collected what must be the best YB11 in the Country.

One owner, 2,200 k's from new, it comes with owner's manual, service books, spare key, leather fob and..... Tool kit! He even got a 2+ meter Bimota back lit sign...

I couldn't believe how clean the bike is, the discs look like the pads have barely touched them and the black anteras look great.

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW , that does look mint !!!
Problem now is , can you use something that clean and risk paint chips etc !!!
rpo83

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vort,

the bike has been bought to ride, there are some great new protective film options that he'll probably look at for the leading edges of the bike.

When the bike was delivered, he rang me and sounded a bit dumbfounded, i asked if he was happy with it, he just said he was overwhelmed... when i dropped in a few hours later to see the bike, i understood.

This is his first Bimota, but he is a laverda tragic and owned 2 of the nicest Laverdas in the country, a 180 degree Jota and SFC 1000, i was sure he would be buried with the Jota, but a business he bought a few years back meant he had to sell his bikes.

He has always admired Bimotas, but when he saw this in his garage, he was blown away.

I'm going to need to talk to a few owners, as the rear end seems very high, the preload is wound up so we'll need to sort the suspension out. The seat height is much higher than either of my bikes, so need to discover if this is the design of the bike or simply the suspension setup...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
brian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously clean... very nice
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd....recollection of my YB11 was it had the lowest seat height of any Bimota...so much so that my 5ft4inch girlfriend of the time was very keen for me to get it on the road as she could sit on it with both feet flat on the ground.....
I see that YB11 has the Paioli rear shock on it and not the Ohlins....so maybe unwind the preload rings...or count up the spring shock rings and check if its been changed for one with a higher spring rating?...looks like a white spring...which would be standard Paioli...
rpo83

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2bims,

sounds like the first thing we'll need to do is back the spring off, i might contact the original owner and ask if he had the spring setup for his weight...

I expected it to have a similar seat height to my SB6... So maybe that's where we'll start...

Steve

Weed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Odd....recollection of my YB11 was it had the lowest seat height of any Bimota...so much so that my 5ft4inch girlfriend of the time was very keen for me to get it on the road as she could sit on it with both feet flat on the ground.....
I see that YB11 has the Paioli rear shock on it and not the Ohlins....so maybe unwind the preload rings...or count up the spring shock rings and check if its been changed for one with a higher spring rating?...looks like a white spring...which would be standard Paioli...

Is it a Maxton shock? It has the purple coloured upper body
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weed wrote:
2bims wrote:

Is it a Maxton shock? It has the purple coloured upper body

Hard to say from piccie....the Paioli rear shocks do come with Purple anodised rings and remote shock adjuster/res...and white spring.....as said by others...maybe the boy that last rode it was a bit...shall we say "large boned"...and had a harder spring set in....lots of adjustment for preload...Ride height adjuster also on the bottom of the shock...with 2 hex shaped locking rings....wind it in or out
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxton are purple springs I think.
Paioli I think.
From memory I would say seat height should be similar to SB6 . I believe in the hand book there is a length eye to eye for the rear shock , guess the ride height has just been wound up. as they are quite low seat and a strange riding position .
Maybe just wound it up to get it to turn quicker .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: